Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Copiague, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D2333104-4B05-4E76-AF20-7AD25B616438.jpeg
BE1D29F1-A74A-46D0-B937-5AEB647722AB.jpeg

ITS ALIVE! So a few things. One Charging won’t be as fast at first cause Charger still isn’t on TESLA MCU. Therefore our batteries won’t prepare on the way, yet. And we gotta be careful with shopping carts. They were blowing around all over the place next to the cars. And it’s a bit tight and busy there. Had to wait 90 seconds to pull out because of traffic.

Attachments

• BD57C745-008F-49E3-8A71-754866A47A46.jpeg
    BD57C745-008F-49E3-8A71-754866A47A46.jpeg
    641.8 KB · Views: 77
Interesting they have two different signs posted at the chargers— Tesla Vehicle Charging Only and Tesla 10 Minute General Parking. Better than some location out West that have 30 Minute General Parking.

I told a friend of ours it was opening soon and it may come in handy sometime if he’s up the island that way. He got his car end of year and I noticed at that time there weren’t many Supercharging options on the island.

Good point about not yet being able to pre-warm the battery. When our local Supercharger went live it took a few days/week or so as I recall to add it to the Map and Nav.

Maybe a Moderator can update the title with Live and how many stalls and it’s v3.

Last edited:
Just came from there. None of the chargers worked. The cooling fans on the bottom of the units were all making loud noises. I tried 4 or 5 units. The location finally made it onto the MCU screen and showed 8 available, and operational, units.

I was there about an hour after you and it worked on the first stall I tried.
Another Tesla that arrived after me was apparently charging fine also.
Wow. My car is an April 2014 build. This is the first time I plugged into a V3 charger. Is it possible that the older cars can’t use them? I wouldn’t think that’s the case.
Did you notice the sound of a fan coming from the bottom of the charger? I’ll try it again when I have enough range so that a charge failure wouldn’t matter.

Wow. My car is an April 2014 build. This is the first time I plugged into a V3 charger. Is it possible that the older cars can’t use them? I wouldn’t think that’s the case.
Did you notice the sound of a fan coming from the bottom of the charger? I’ll try it again when I have enough range so that a charge failure wouldn’t matter.
Mine is a July 2015 build.
I did not notice any fan sounds.
The sound you heard was from the actual stall with the charging cable, not the white cabinets next to the power transformer?

Mine is a July 2015 build.
I did not notice any fan sounds.
The sound you heard was from the actual stall with the charging cable, not the white cabinets next to the power transformer?
The sounds were coming from the bottom of the chargers. I actually knelt down and put my ear near two of them. I’m familiar with the sounds coming from the white cabinets, and I looked to see how close the cabinets were before I got closer to the chargers themselves to listen.

Reactions: st50maint