Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Coquitlam, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only 10 minutes / 8.3km from Guilford Lol.

@Vancity-Tes1a still nice to have an option on either side of the Port Mann. Also as I understand it, the Guildford SC is usually pretty busy, so maybe this will take some load off of it? Oh and--someone correct me if I'm wrong--Guildford is only a 72w urban SC, vs. v3 in Coquitlam?

@Vancity-Tes1a still nice to have an option on either side of the Port Mann. Also as I understand it, the Guildford SC is usually pretty busy, so maybe this will take some load off of it? Oh and--someone correct me if I'm wrong--Guildford is only a 72w urban SC, vs. v3 in Coquitlam?
Yeah, Guilford is always full, might need 40 stalls soon haha.

Correct looks to be V3, with 12 stalls. I need to go to Ikea so I can stop by for some more photos of the new station.

yes Guildford is 72kw vs Coquitlam V3 (250kw).

I live close to the site, so walked to the site and saw the crew working well past 5 p.m... :D
planning on going by the site once a week or so and snap some pictures. Finally a reason to leave the house.
Amazing.

How long do you think before it becomes operational? Live in an apartment where it's a "no" for EV charging but this station is conveniently located along the commute to work. It's that or I consider getting a CHAdeMO adapter for a nearby BC Hydro 50 kw charger (I didn't realise I'd need this extra adapter when buying the car), but it's $500+ and BC Hydro is starting to charge for their juice.

Amazing.

How long do you think before it becomes operational? Live in an apartment where it's a "no" for EV charging but this station is conveniently located along the commute to work. It's that or I consider getting a CHAdeMO adapter for a nearby BC Hydro 50 kw charger (I didn't realise I'd need this extra adapter when buying the car), but it's $500+ and BC Hydro is starting to charge for their juice.
it looked like they were in the early stages .. no charger delivered on site, a lot of earth piled up.. I would say at least a month before operational but I have no guage on how long these things take. but I believe Teslas timeline (Q2)

They're moving quickly. Looks like the big transformers are in place and being worked on. Supercharger units are not get visible.

2021-04-01 12.44.20.jpg