Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Coralville, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
glenhurst heard from Tesla that they were "targeting" a location in Coralville, IA. I did a little googling and found this in minutes of a Board of Adjustment meeting from March 21st:

Item 5: Public Hearingrequest for a Conditional Use Permit of a Lawn & Garden Center for Hy-Vee located at 2008 8th Ave.

Public Hearing open:
Public Hearing closed:
Kessler explains that the Code of Ordinances states in any commercial zoning district may have outdoor seasonal sales by the granting of a Conditional Use Permit. He adds this request is in the same location as last year and shares that Tesla Motors will soon have an electric car charging station in the parking lot at this Hy-Vee location
(emphasis added)

2008 8th Avenue, Coralville IA

Interstates: I-80
US Number Highways: 218

I-80
To: Peru, IL - 146 miles
Diversion: 2 miles

I think that the 146 miles to Peru, IL is a bit too far and at some point they'll want to add something in the Davenport, IA/ Moline, IL area, which would service the Intersection with I-74 and break up the 194 miles from Coralville, IA to Bloomington, IL.

I think that the 146 miles to Peru, IL is a bit too far and at some point they'll want to add something in the Davenport, IA/ Moline, IL area, which would service the Intersection with I-74 and break up the 194 miles from Coralville, IA to Bloomington, IL.

Tesla has had a red dot set on the Quad Cities for a couple of years. I-80 is such a heavily used artery across the U.S., I am amazed it has taken them this long. (And as a former QC resident, I am looking forward to driving my future Model 3 there.)

Interstates: I-80
US Number Highways: 218

I-80
To: Peru, IL - 146 miles
Diversion: 2 miles

We've driven Cedar Rapids to Bloomington, iL. 65 to 70 MPH and got there with 10 miles to spare of 265 to start. So yeah QCs would be nice. Not necessary for Peru though unless you have a 60...

This is HUGE!

The supercharger "future" graphic on the Tesla website shows SCs in Des Moines, Iowa City, and Quad Cities, so looks like they are staying true to their word.

Well, their current 'word' maybe. To be fair, much of this route was supposed to be filled in well over a year ago, and was originally supposedly going to be complete by the end of last year.

Stopped by coralville hy-vee. No construction started (as expected). Did see a stake in the south east corner of parking lot which is the most obvious place to put the charger. Marked the location of a transformer - I assume the to-be location for the tesla transformer. So hopefully construction is soon to follow....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    448.6 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 111