Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Coralville, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Stopped by this morning. Meter is installed but not on yet. There was a bucket with wires and electrical supples underneath the meter so it looks like it was just installed. Plastic still on the stalls.

Just stopped by the Coralville HyVee and spoke to someone "in the know." So far Tesla is staying mum even to them about when it will open. He said he thought that there would be an opening celebration. I suspect that days before the celebration it would be announced by Tesla and HyVee. Searching for "supercharger opening celebration" I see that it must be typical for Tesla to email an announcement of SC openings.

Outdated... Note the St. Paul charger is still Grey and has been open almost a week...

Yes... the photo is from 8/19, so it is a bit out of date. I still stand by my statement that because it is listed as coming soon, and because it is not yet open, that it will be open any day now.

This reminds me of that mitch hedberg skit - "Here is a picture of me when I was younger. Every picture of you is a picture of you when you were younger. Here is a picture of me when I am older... what kind of f*cked up camera you got!"

Yes... the photo is from 8/19, so it is a bit out of date. I still stand by my statement that because it is listed as coming soon, and because it is not yet open, that it will be open any day now.

This reminds me of that mitch hedberg skit - "Here is a picture of me when I was younger. Every picture of you is a picture of you when you were younger. Here is a picture of me when I am older... what kind of f*cked up camera you got!"

I was referring to the data in the picture is outdated - not the date of the image creation. I meant no offense, hope none was taken! I'd like to be excited as well that it's going to be ready soon, but based on the Oakdale, MN site taking almost a month to open while sitting "ready to go" like coralville, and the fact that Des Moines charger is not even listed on the image and it is almost in line with Coralville from a construction perspective, I just wouldn't get too excited from that picture... I'm crossing my fingers for Labor Day weekend....

I was referring to the data in the picture is outdated - not the date of the image creation. I meant no offense, hope none was taken! I'd like to be excited as well that it's going to be ready soon, but based on the Oakdale, MN site taking almost a month to open while sitting "ready to go" like coralville, and the fact that Des Moines charger is not even listed on the image and it is almost in line with Coralville from a construction perspective, I just wouldn't get too excited from that picture... I'm crossing my fingers for Labor Day weekend....

No worries -- I just need it by Christmas when I will forced to visit the in-laws. "I'm heading to the SuperCharger.. I'll be back in... 5 hours"

No worries -- I just need it by Christmas when I will forced to visit the in-laws. "I'm heading to the SuperCharger.. I'll be back in... 5 hours"

I ... hadn't thought of that. Great excuse for Thanksgiving when we go. Problem is, her dad works for Ford. I don't want to give him any ammunition. I am debating showing up to the dealership, acting as a Tesla employee saying something along the lines of "Ron scheduled a test drive" - his co-workers for flip.

Reactions: jnylenllc