Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Coralville, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Coralville SC now fully operational. Charging at it now! :)

Attachments

• IMG_6473.JPG
    IMG_6473.JPG
    499.6 KB · Views: 207
  • Helpful
Reactions: callmesam
Iowa City/Cedar Rapids Owners ----

The Director of the National Advanced Driving Simulator at the University of Iowa is looking for a demonstration of AutoPilot. He, and a grad student, would be needing a ride-along for roughly ~1 hour to demo AutoPilot and perhaps parallel parking, etc.

There is no payment for this, but he would give you a tour of the simulator if you want. If there is a local owner that would be willing to do this, please PM me or respond here.

Thanks!

(Raising this thread from the dead...)

Any recommendations (or warnings) for food/restaurant options around this Supercharger?

Looks like there's a cafe/grill inside the Hy-Vee, a Chinese place and a pho place next door to the Hy-Vee, and a Japanese place down the street. And a Starbucks both inside the Hy-Vee cafe and another one down the street.

-Hy-Vee Cafe/Grill
-I Love Pho*
-Taste of China*
-Three Samurai Japanese*

*Looks like all 3 Asian places are closed on Mondays.

Last edited:
(Raising this thread from the dead...)

Any recommendations (or warnings) for food/restaurant options around this Supercharger?

Looks like there's a cafe/grill inside the Hy-Vee, a Chinese place and a pho place next door to the Hy-Vee, and a Japanese place down the street. And a Starbucks both inside the Hy-Vee cafe and another one down the street.

-Hy-Vee Cafe/Grill
-I Love Pho*
-Taste of China*
-Three Samurai Japanese*

*Looks like all 3 Asian places are closed on Mondays.

I didn't get a chance to try any of the Asian places, but the Hy-Vee is really nice!

The "Market Grille" restaurant is as nice as any bar & grille type restaurant you're likely to find anywhere outside a grocery store. There's lots of good options on the menu, a bar with plenty of drink options, lots of TVs, etc. Or if you prefer to get something from outside the restaurant at one of the food counters (Italian, Asian, etc.), the restaurant servers were fine with us bringing it inside the restaurant area and eating at one of the tables. (Granted, it wasn't busy at the time. Maybe they'd think differently if most of the tables were already full.)

Only downside of ordering from the Market Grille menu was that service wasn't super fast. So if you just want to have a quick bite and be on your way, maybe get food from one of the counters instead.

Everything is immediately to your right when you walk in.

upload_2018-10-18_0-13-54.png

upload_2018-10-18_0-13-2.png

We have a Hy-Vee within walking distance of our house--no supercharger but they do have 4 ChargePoint J-1772 stations.

It seemed strange at first to have a restaurant in a grocery store, but I agree with your review. I don't know if all Hy-Vees have the same schedule, but our location in Ankeny has a kids night every Thursday--kids eat free and they usually have some activity like someone doing airbrush tattoos, balloon animals, people dressed as superheroes, etc...

Hi,
New member here! If you like curry try I Love Pho. I don't know about their other options but the curry is amazing (best in IC at least). The place itself is a little tired if that matters to you.

On another note, will anyone be charging up their MS soon and not mind showing off their car? I'm not an owner yet but I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2013ish CPO for my wife. I'm ready to take the plunge, but my wife wants to see one (she has never been in a Tesla). She'd like to see trunk/frunk space and rear space for car seat.

Thanks