TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Cordes Junction, AZ

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by MarkR, Feb 28, 2014.

1. meteoritehunter

2. swegman

swegman Active Member

What if an out of state Tesla owner wants to charge at the location? S/he will not have the required AZ alternative fuel plate/sticker (being an out of state vehicle). Does that mean s/he can not charge their car without risk of a $350 fine?

3. meteoritehunter

I highly doubt that would be a problem as it would be charging. If you were to park and not charge, possible.

4. JWinston

JWinston Member

It has nothing to do with plates. If you have an EV you can park in the spot AND CHARGE. If you don't have an EV, GTFO of the parking spot because you are preventing someone else from charging. This also has to do with EV's parked in charging spots who aren't charging. They too are blocking someone else from charging. Too many people with EV's treat charging spots like their own personal VIP parking space. That's poor form as well.

5. swegman

swegman Active Member

JWinston, I did not ask regarding parking in an EV spot. I asked about a non-AZ registered Tesla vehicle charging in an EV spot without having the AZ alternative fuel plate/sticker (which I presume is available only to AZ registered EV vehicles).

6. Tyl

Tyl Member

Glad to know the Utility transformer is in place. Please remember that we are reporting to the world (TMC members are global) and photos are greatly appreciated by everyone. Small details are often best shown to us all via a photo. I'm kinda amazed that most supercharger site reports do not include a photo!! We done gotz dees phancy phones etc.!!!! Let's be makin' damn good use ob 'um!!:biggrin:

7. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

Tesla doesn't mark the Superchargers in AZ with the required signage that invokes AZ's EV charging law. That means that the AZ Alt Fuel plate is not required (the sticker is super rare -- I've only ever seen one)...

8. TES-E

TES-E Member

I was talking to the Supercharger Crew in Casa Grande this morning, and some of them will be going to the Cordes Junction SC site to install some bollards and such. Apparently the power company has figured out what they are going to do, so hopefully things will start moving there again. Tesla is apparently pushing them hard to get this finished.

Hopefully we will see progress there soon.

9. meteoritehunter

Why has Cordes been delayed so long?

10. TES-E

TES-E Member

According to the install team, it's all on the power company. He said it has otherwise been ready for two months.

11. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

I just don't understand these utilities. Tesla pays them for the install and when the install is done, the utility gets good press and gets to sell more electricity. Shouldn't it be good business to make these transformer installs happen quickly? :eek:

12. jomo25

jomo25 Active Member

Don't get it either...

13. AudubonB

AudubonB RIP Borealis 2006-2020

From my limited but not insubstantial dealings with APS, there are both layers of bureaucracy as well as separate fiefdoms within the organization; that can spell "mischief", "inconsistency", "delay" and who knows what other choice words.

14. GRA

GRA Member

I know when I talked to the contractor installing some Blinks locally in the Bay Area, he said that PG&E (the local utility) wouldn't put anything on the schedule for a minimum of 5 weeks from the time work was completed. Presumably that's just their lead time for non-emergency work. I imagine most major utilities serving large metro areas are similar.

15. Tyl

Tyl Member

The utility transformer that is behind the Shell Station is for their use. The utility transformer needed for the Tesla Supercharging site IS NOT on site yet. The conduits runs and the cement pad are done. The crew still needs to place bollards near the utility transformer pad. Probably street side for protection. Sorry no pictures today!! :eek: WHAT!:eek: No pictures:cursing:! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!:scared::cursing:!
    Of course I'm kidding you! Here are a few pictures. Enjoy!
    P1010001.JPG P1010005.JPG P1010009.JPG P1010017.JPG P1010019.JPG

16. AZbba

AZbba Member

They also run ads urging their customers to use less of their product. Go figure.

17. rsanchez

rsanchez Member

Paid for by the very same customers :p.

18. Tyl

Tyl Member

Long before the beginning of the tesla supercharging site!

Screen Shot 2014-09-21 at 5.35.05 PM.png

19. Tyl

Tyl Member

This site has to be coming online very soon. I'm out of the area (even when I'm in the area) .... sooooo it's up to others to check and photograph any progress in Cordes Junction AZ. I won't be able to get back up to Cordes for a month or two!! :confused:

20. meteoritehunter

image.jpg
    the transformer has arrived! I Just stopped to see the supercharger and APs truck sitting here ready to unload the transformer.