Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What if an out of state Tesla owner wants to charge at the location? S/he will not have the required AZ alternative fuel plate/sticker (being an out of state vehicle). Does that mean s/he can not charge their car without risk of a $350 fine?

It has nothing to do with plates. If you have an EV you can park in the spot AND CHARGE. If you don't have an EV, GTFO of the parking spot because you are preventing someone else from charging. This also has to do with EV's parked in charging spots who aren't charging. They too are blocking someone else from charging. Too many people with EV's treat charging spots like their own personal VIP parking space. That's poor form as well.

JWinston, I did not ask regarding parking in an EV spot. I asked about a non-AZ registered Tesla vehicle charging in an EV spot without having the AZ alternative fuel plate/sticker (which I presume is available only to AZ registered EV vehicles).

Glad to know the Utility transformer is in place. Please remember that we are reporting to the world (TMC members are global) and photos are greatly appreciated by everyone. Small details are often best shown to us all via a photo. I'm kinda amazed that most supercharger site reports do not include a photo!! We done gotz dees phancy phones etc.!!!! Let's be makin' damn good use ob 'um!!:biggrin:

JWinston, I did not ask regarding parking in an EV spot. I asked about a non-AZ registered Tesla vehicle charging in an EV spot without having the AZ alternative fuel plate/sticker (which I presume is available only to AZ registered EV vehicles).

Tesla doesn't mark the Superchargers in AZ with the required signage that invokes AZ's EV charging law. That means that the AZ Alt Fuel plate is not required (the sticker is super rare -- I've only ever seen one)...

I was talking to the Supercharger Crew in Casa Grande this morning, and some of them will be going to the Cordes Junction SC site to install some bollards and such. Apparently the power company has figured out what they are going to do, so hopefully things will start moving there again. Tesla is apparently pushing them hard to get this finished.

Hopefully we will see progress there soon.

According to the install team, it's all on the power company. He said it has otherwise been ready for two months.

I just don't understand these utilities. Tesla pays them for the install and when the install is done, the utility gets good press and gets to sell more electricity. Shouldn't it be good business to make these transformer installs happen quickly? :eek:

From my limited but not insubstantial dealings with APS, there are both layers of bureaucracy as well as separate fiefdoms within the organization; that can spell "mischief", "inconsistency", "delay" and who knows what other choice words.

I know when I talked to the contractor installing some Blinks locally in the Bay Area, he said that PG&E (the local utility) wouldn't put anything on the schedule for a minimum of 5 weeks from the time work was completed. Presumably that's just their lead time for non-emergency work. I imagine most major utilities serving large metro areas are similar.

The utility transformer that is behind the Shell Station is for their use. The utility transformer needed for the Tesla Supercharging site IS NOT on site yet. The conduits runs and the cement pad are done. The crew still needs to place bollards near the utility transformer pad. Probably street side for protection. Sorry no pictures today!! :eek: WHAT!:eek: No pictures:cursing:! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!:scared::cursing:!
Of course I'm kidding you! Here are a few pictures. Enjoy!
P1010001.JPG
P1010005.JPG
P1010009.JPG
P1010017.JPG
P1010019.JPG