Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Corona, CA (LIVE 29 Mar 2019, 20 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$273k for 14 stations, works out to just under $20k per station.

That stuff ain't cheap!

At $250 per vehicle, that's 1 14 stall site per 1100 vehicles.
There are about 110,000 gas stations in the USA.
To have 1 14 stall per gas station you'd need to sell 121M vehicles.
There are over 268M registered vehicles in the USA.

If you could establish a similar infrastructure to that we have with gas stations at a cost of $250/vehicle, I don't think it's too expensive.

I think when Tesla increased Supercharger PAYG pricing, they were moving cost from the vehicle to the user.

I just joined so I can post this exciting message...

Passed by today around 11:30AM. Spoke to one of the workers and he said they will be open tomorrow. The fencing was being taken down and put back on a truck.

So there are a bunch of Tesla superchargers on one side and the other is chargepoint.

Attachments

• IMG_1562.jpg
    IMG_1562.jpg
    705.9 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1561.jpg
    IMG_1561.jpg
    593.7 KB · Views: 120
I just joined so I can post this exciting message...

Passed by today around 11:30AM. Spoke to one of the workers and he said they will be open tomorrow. The fencing was being taken down and put back on a truck.

So there are a bunch of Tesla superchargers on one side and the other is chargepoint.

Thanks for the report! Did the worker say they would be open tomorrow or their work would be done tomorrow? I don't see a utility transformer in your photos - did you see a big green box near the supercharger cabinets? That will need to be installed by the utility (which can take days, weeks, or even months) and then Tesla will need to test the station before it will be open.

@Doug_G @ecarfan could you either move this thread to the appropriate forum or otherwise move some of the posts to the California forum?

Moderator note: some posts in this thread were originally started in the North America forum and were then moved to this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not showing up but confirmed working. Corona crossings target plaza. I got 45kw but car was already 70%SOC

Thanks!

This is great news for our 2015 P85D since it has free supercharging... and one of our kids just bought a new house in south Corona in Lennar's Oakwood at Sycamore Creek and a 2019 Model 3 Dual Motor Long Range. They can charge their M3 cheaper at this new Tesla Supercharger from 4PM to 9PM than at their home which is on SCE TOU-D-PRIME (28¢ / kWh Tesla SC vs. 34¢ to 37¢ / kWh SCE on their Signature Tesla Wall Connector) as well as a MUCH faster (Tesla SC 72kW vs. Tesla Wall Connector 11.5kW) when they can't wait to charge overnight at 13¢ / kWh/ GREAT option for both our Teslas. :cool: