Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Corona, CA (LIVE 29 Mar 2019, 20 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: The first 48 posts in this thread are a combination from two different threads regarding a Supercharger installation in Corona, CA.

Does this look like the beginning of a SC?

Attachments

• IMG_20170818_174757670.jpg
    IMG_20170818_174757670.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_20170818_174800834.jpg
    IMG_20170818_174800834.jpg
    649.6 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_20170818_174810052_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170818_174810052_HDR.jpg
    482.4 KB · Views: 382
Last edited by a moderator:
Those smaller conduits (1"?) look like the right size for destination chargers, and the background indicates the type of establishment to be a perfect site for destination chargers.

There's a lot of destination chargers going in at a lot of destinations, and this is a superior way to charge a Tesla compared to a SuperCharger when you have reached your destination; plug it in and walk away, come back to it full the next morning, and less battery degradation. That's better than a SuperCharger any day, once you have reached your destination, as long as you have no issues plugging in and getting enough charge while plugged in.

Last edited:
Doh!!! I'm an idiot. I've eaten at Luna before. Nice restaurant, upper $ Mexican fare. Not sure about 4 star cuisine, but pleasant. Not jeans and drunk construction workers.

If you have to spend an hour, Luna's is nice.

It's going to hard for some to find. Get off on Magnolia and the 15. Go to towards Lowes but don't turn at AAA keep on going down that road.

Talked to LUNA owner and he thinks it is a redoing of sprinkler system. I will sniff around this week and keep this updated. It is off the 15 at Magnolia, first stop South of 91. I thought a better place would be at The Crossings a few stops South of this one.

• Funny
Reactions: goldengate
That looks like gray underground electrical conduit. It should be bell mouthed at one end because it daisy chains. And it looks deep. And that there are already some in the trench.

And...

You do your sprinklers before the plants when doing landscaping for obvious reasons. Broken underground irrigation has a wet trench not a dry one.

Reactions: goldengate
You may well have found it! But too soon to now for sure. Thanks for the photos, I particularly enjoyed the two showing your feet. ;) Please take another look in a week or so, and if this turns out to be a Supercharger I will have this thread moved to the California Superchargers forum. Thanks!
Does this look like the beginning of a SC?

• Funny
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Not likely a SuperCharger:

PERMIT DETAIL
Permit No:
B1701342
Owner:
CITY OF CORONA - DWP Issued Date:
Final Date:
Permit Type:
Description:
INSTALL (3) CHARGING STATIONS*CITY PROJECT*

I find it funny that they issued a permit but the status is Plan Check. In our city, you need a Plan Check before they issue a permit. Until Plan Check is approved, you can't break ground.

• Informative
Reactions: emupilot