Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Corpus Christi, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is great news, just drove from San Antonio to Port Aransas and back last week for the day. This will help not having to try and get every ounce of juice at three rivers SC and maybe bypass it and get a faster charge rate with a more empty battery.
I'm certain I can make the trip from Elgin to Three Rivers to supercharge and make it into Corpus. The issue I don't want to find myself in is if I am driving around Corpus, where am I going to charge? I was thinking of stopping at the destination chargers at the service center there. Perhaps someone has advice?

I'm certain I can make the trip from Elgin to Three Rivers to supercharge and make it into Corpus. The issue I don't want to find myself in is if I am driving around Corpus, where am I going to charge? I was thinking of stopping at the destination chargers at the service center there. Perhaps someone has advice?
Download the PlugShare application, and explore the charging options in the Corpus on the map. I am sure you should be able to find options

Yes. However visiting Corpus without a supercharger, as we do the first week of July every year, has been a pain in the butt with our Tesla the last 7 years.
We’re getting ready to do a long distance test run north from the RGV. Thinking of spending the night in Corpus. If the Tesla Gallery allows some charging we may also go by the site where they are installing this new supercharger and take some pics.

Reactions: ezack25
Download the PlugShare application, and explore the charging options in the Corpus on the map. I am sure you should be able to find options
On my latest trip to Mustang Island, I charged to 98% at Three Rivers, arrived at the beach around 51%, left the beach at around 46%, and made it back to Three Rivers at 6%. I would have charged a little bit at La Palmera Mall just in case though.

On my latest trip to Mustang Island, I charged to 98% at Three Rivers, arrived at the beach around 51%, left the beach at around 46%, and made it back to Three Rivers at 6%. I would have charged a little bit at La Palmera Mall just in case though.
On Mustang island there are 4 Tesla chargers at Cimmaron Shores that are open to the public, across from their pizza restaurant. Cinnamon Shore | PlugShare

We’re getting ready to do a long distance test run north from the RGV. Thinking of spending the night in Corpus. If the Tesla Gallery allows some charging we may also go by the site where they are installing this new supercharger and take some pics.
Some hotels here in Corpus have destination chargers. The Hyatt Place is a great hotel with available chargers. The SpringHill suites, and the Candle Wood suites also have available chargers.

• Helpful
Reactions: CarlS
8 superchargers.
2E2AC679-0C10-4E82-86A5-B1D4971D5B4D.jpeg
e20631ff-4075-4397-bc48-db09fc3be0c3-jpeg.817883
9B2048C5-F90E-45D2-A813-3C5B4F8A19F7.jpeg

Attachments

• E20631FF-4075-4397-BC48-DB09FC3BE0C3.jpeg
    E20631FF-4075-4397-BC48-DB09FC3BE0C3.jpeg
    832 KB · Views: 245
OK! CC Tesla showroom says this supercharger should be open by July 4!

We stopped by this very hot afternoon. The power company folks were hard at work running cables through conduit. They were entertained to see a Tesla stop by.

Here you can see all 8 chargers plus the power company at work. DH noticed that the black and yellow parking stops were waiting in the grass. New parking stripes will have to be painted.
536D6AE5-6404-49F6-B280-B3760E69E9F6.jpeg

Last edited: