Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Corsicana, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sublimaze1

8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins
Sep 6, 2012
Basin City, TX
FYI (although this is a picture of Waco/Belmead)

The Corsicana supercharger is scheduled to get its facelift next month (September) ... upgraded units and perhaps expanded slots. This information from the contract electrical crew who is working on Waco currently.

What does this mean? You will see the red hash-through circle on your charging icon (maps) but I have been assured that at least 50% of them will be operational, and per other members and my experience, you may incur decreased electron dump speeds ... but I noted not much less than 25% or so. Certainly doable.

WJ

Attachments

• IMG_8892.JPG
    IMG_8892.JPG
    396.8 KB · Views: 209
  • Informative
Reactions: KidDoc
I have been noticing really terrible performance at the Corsicana charger. Twice, in 3 weeks, I've had a charger stop charging in the middle of charging -- interrupting a meal. I've seen others at the site, move their car amongst the chargers ... clearly indicating substandard performance. In addition, I've been told by someone who regularly drives the Houston-Dallas route, that the stalls 4A/B and 5A/B cannot deliver the maximum kW from 110-120kW. Is Tesla going to neglect this site (and potentially others) and let them 'soft fail', while we play a kind of roulette hoping to find the needles in the haystack?

I ended up stopping there twice. First time I didn't really need the charge but needed to use the restroom and the charge was relatively slow. It turns out (even though I had parked with 2 spaces between myself and someone else, I was sharing their supercharger (3A/3B, etc). It was purely accidental, another person leaving mentioned it to me, and I left after a few minutes anyway.

Second time was the next day, I definitely wasn't sharing any charge and it was very fast. I couldn't tell you the exact kW because I went to eat a sandwich, came back, and it was far more than enough.

Based on the pics above, I didn't realize it was at a Collin Street Bakery but was glad it was.

I stopped there twice in December and found a few stations worked better than others. It wasn't so bad that I would recommend avoiding this SC by any means. Plus, it's great that they offer Tesla owners a free cup of coffee!

I haven’t had my car long, but the stalls seem out of order here. I’m used to the pairs being next to each other (i.e. 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B,etc.), but here it’s 1-3a, then 1-3b, but 4 & 5 are paired (4A is next to 4B).

Maybe this is why had slow charging?

The one thing that is the consistent about Supercharger configuration is that they are mostly different. That, and the more unusual the set-up, the more likely the number lettering will be damaged so that you can't read it without walking up to the chargers.

• Funny
Reactions: mociaf9
On our way to Wisconsin for the holidays. Charging was free for some reason, wasn’t free when I was up this way over the summer.

Attachments

• BFF9BE3E-2FAB-4BA9-B5BB-EF89C708F030.jpeg
    BFF9BE3E-2FAB-4BA9-B5BB-EF89C708F030.jpeg
    312.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 8D0ECFD4-6211-434D-A595-FBBE7B32BF4E.jpeg
    8D0ECFD4-6211-434D-A595-FBBE7B32BF4E.jpeg
    471.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 6FA2148F-398A-4624-A558-67884D5CD162.jpeg
    6FA2148F-398A-4624-A558-67884D5CD162.jpeg
    381.9 KB · Views: 106
Charged here yesterday with a low SoC of 30 miles remaining. One stall gave me just 40kw. Moved to the next one and got 115 kw consistently till 150 miles. The site was empty. Any reason why I would get a low rate on one of them?

Also I rarely see 150 kw even with a low SoC, while I notice that many get that rate.

The site was empty. Any reason why I would get a low rate on one of them?
If you were literally the only car charging there, then it's because there's faulty hardware in either the supercharger cabinet or charging post. Problems in either one could result in a low charging rate. If there was another car charging, then in addition to or instead of the hardware problem it's possible that you were paired without realizing it. I think I remember this location as being one of the ones with a strange layout where it's not A/B stalls right next to each other.

If there was another car charging, then in addition to or instead of the hardware problem it's possible that you were paired without realizing it. I think I remember this location as being one of the ones with a strange layout where it's not A/B stalls right next to each other.
Thank you, but I thought this one was upgraded to V3, though I don't remember how to figure that out now if a location is V2 or V3.