Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Corte Madera (LIVE 12 Feb 2019, 10 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a search and found that a 10 stall supercharger station received planning approval on April 30, 2018. The description is:

Add 10 Tesla Vehicle supercharging stations between the western wall of the Village at Corte Madera Center and the western parking lot that runs parallel to Highway 101. The new charging stations will be located south of the existing charging stations. The existing jagged wall will be replaced with a straight wall screening the new mechanical equipment. The plan shows a 4 foot path between the proposed charging units and the area landscaping for pedestrian and wheelchair
clearance as well as accessible parking spaces. New landscaping will also be installed to screen the proposed CMU wall.

The corresponding construction permit BL-2018-0167 was approved on September 19th and issued October 1st so it should be under construction. The address is 1618 Redwood Highway. Tesla already has a store and 6 HPWCs in the mall.

This is great news for the North Bay. Wow, over three years for approval (2015 - 2018). So, by the time construction is completed, it'll be four years from when the permit was first filed. If this is typical, no wonder it seems to take forever for announced Supercharger sites to come online.

The address is 1618 Redwood Highway. Tesla already has a store and 6 HPWCs in the mall.
“Add 10 Tesla Vehicle supercharging stations between the western wall of the Village at Corte Madera Center and the western parking lot that runs parallel to Highway 101. The new charging stations will be located south of the existing charging stations. The existing jagged wall will be replaced with a straight wall screening the new mechanical equipment. The plan shows a 4 foot path between the proposed charging units and the area landscaping for pedestrian and wheelchair clearance as well as accessible parking spaces. New landscaping will also be installed to screen the proposed CMU wall.”
————————————————————————————————————————-

@emupilot you are on a hot streak! :D Thanks for posting. Based on the description, I believe these new Superchargers will be located just south and on the opposite side of the parking area where the existing Tesla HPCs are at the rear of the Tesla store in this mall. There is also an EVGo charger there. See the map below.

74266D69-7F07-48B6-9557-19A2845BB1F9.png

Interesting -- this site isn't on Tesla's supercharger map yet. Closest ones on the map are San Rafael (planned for 2018?) and Marin City (planned for 2019).
I believe it is on Tesla’s Find Us page map. It is the “Marin City” location and I am going to change the thread title to that until proven otherwise. Marin City is a legitimate place name, see Marin City, California - Wikipedia

The “Coming Soon” pins on the Find Us page have never shown the exact location of future Supercharger locations. The pin in the screen capture shown below is within a quarter mile of the location being discussed in this thread, and corresponds to the location of Marin City in Google Maps.

60C0CD7F-8371-4F25-80EC-9CD0426C01F4.jpeg

Last edited:
"The pin in the screen capture shown below is within a quarter mile of the location being discussed in this thread"

Now I'm really confused. (Which is not hard. I only hit that area 4-5 times a year.) On google maps The Village at Corte Madera looks like it's 5-ish miles from Marin City, not a quarter mile?

Anyway, time will tell. If the Marin City pin disappears (or not) when this SC opens, we'll know for sure what Tesla thinks.

The Village at Corte Madera shopping center, where construction of this Supercharging station is taking place, is about 5 miles north of Marin City and 4 miles south of San Rafael, so not exactly close to either of these "coming soon" sites. On the other hand, it's not far enough away to discount it as the possible location of either the promised San Rafael or Marin City sites. Or could Tesla actually be planning to put in 3 Supercharging stations within a 10 mile stretch of the 101 corridor? May seem like a lot, but there are a lot of Teslas here.

Here are some photos I took about a hour ago. The site is located behind the Tesla store and right next to some existing EVgo chargers:

IMG_20181024_095138055.jpg
IMG_20181024_095152619.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mociaf9
"The pin in the screen capture shown below is within a quarter mile of the location being discussed in this thread"

Now I'm really confused. (Which is not hard. I only hit that area 4-5 times a year.) On google maps The Village at Corte Madera looks like it's 5-ish miles from Marin City, not a quarter mile?
You are correct, and I am wrong. Sorry!

I do suspect that the Supercharger currently under construction could be the one Tesla is representing with the pin at Marin City, and once it becomes operational that pin will move on the Find Us map. Or maybe Tesla had an unexpected opportunity to install Supercharger pedestals in the lot behind their showroom and decided to take advantage of it while waiting for the Marin City location to be approved.

We shall just have to wait and see...

The mall is in the Corte Madera city limits and has a Corte Madera address (this may seem redundant, but there is actually a supercharger under construction in Texas where these two cities were different). Therefore, it seems obvious that this thread should be titled "Corte Madera." I don't think we should be in the business of trying to guess which pin on the supercharger map each supercharger is supposed to replace.

FWIW Marin City is an unincorporated community (contrary to its name :).

The mall is in the Corte Madera city limits and has a Corte Madera address (this may seem redundant, but there is actually a supercharger under construction in Texas where these two cities were different). Therefore, it seems obvious that this thread should be titled "Corte Madera." I don't think we should be in the business of trying to guess which pin on the supercharger map each supercharger is supposed to replace.
Fair point. But that doesn’t stop me from trying. :cool:

For now I’ve renamed the thread title to show Corte Madera. There is still no pin on Tesla’s Find Us page map with that name. But we’ve seen other Superchargers pop up in locations in California that were not on the map.

Reactions: Blu Zap and PLUS EV