Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger costs in Ontario?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I stopped twice to charge today. Once in parry sound and once in Sudbury. In both cases I was the only one there. In parry sound I was billed a portion at 20cents per minute and then a portion at 40 cents. In Sudbury I was charged 40 cents the entire time. My understanding was 20 cents was until you reached a certain state of charge and after that it switched to 40 cents.

In Sudbury I arrived with less than 20% remaining and was billed 40 cents for the entire 15 mins I was there. What am I missing?

So I stopped twice to charge today. Once in parry sound and once in Sudbury. In both cases I was the only one there. In parry sound I was billed a portion at 20cents per minute and then a portion at 40 cents. In Sudbury I was charged 40 cents the entire time. My understanding was 20 cents was until you reached a certain state of charge and after that it switched to 40 cents.

In Sudbury I arrived with less than 20% remaining and was billed 40 cents for the entire 15 mins I was there. What am I missing?

The cost depends on the speed of charging, or tier. From the tesla website:

Supercharging

When billing per minute, there are two tiers to account for changes in charging speeds, called “tier 1” and “tier 2”.
  • Tier 1 applies while cars are charging at or below 60 kW and tier 2 applies while cars are charging above 60 kW. Tier 1 is half the cost of tier 2.
  • Tier 1 also applies anytime your vehicle is sharing Supercharger power with another car.

• Informative
Reactions: madmax240

40 cents then 20 cents makes sense . As the car it self will slow down the charge after reaching 80%.

20 cents then 40 cents makes no sense, unless there is a car sharing your stall and later he left.

Yes at a minimum. Actual costs on trip I took last month. Model 3.

Left Toronto with a full charge.

Toronto - Ottawa - Montreal - Ottawa - Toronto. The cost at the superchargers were $ 36.80 and arrived in Toronto with 100KM left.