Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Council Bluffs, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MidAmerican Energy has been working at the site since at least 9am today. Might be up extremely soon!

20150304_194230.jpg
20150304_194233.jpg
20150304_194301.jpg
20150304_194317.jpg
20150304_194144.jpg
20150304_194134.jpg

Here are some pictures of the construction taken tonight on my way home from work.

Great news on this opening. It's odd to my eye that Tesla is building out many parallel E-W routes but ignoring N-S connectors. Council Bluffs to Topeka is okay, but it's a stretch to Independence (194 miles). Looking northward from Council Bluffs, it's 199 miles to Worthington MN and 256 miles to Mitchell SD; both longer than normal runs. Yet the 2016 map doesn't show anything at, say, Sioux City to bridge the gap to the north.

Great news on this opening. It's odd to my eye that Tesla is building out many parallel E-W routes but ignoring N-S connectors. Council Bluffs to Topeka is okay, but it's a stretch to Independence (194 miles). Looking northward from Council Bluffs, it's 199 miles to Worthington MN and 256 miles to Mitchell SD; both longer than normal runs. Yet the 2016 map doesn't show anything at, say, Sioux City to bridge the gap to the north.

I agree. I really want one in Des Moines so the Minnesota contingent of Tesla owners can go down there and give people test rides, as we did last October, and be able to recharge quickly so we can go back home the same day. Joe, who lives in the Des Moines area, let us use his charger in his garage but that still took a couple of hours and that was just for one car (mine), and even then we had to go 55mph back to Albert Lea in order to make the distance. A SC in Des Moines would render all that unnecessary, and would complete the SC path from Minneapolis to Texas.

I agree. I really want one in Des Moines so the Minnesota contingent of Tesla owners can go down there and give people test rides, as we did last October, and be able to recharge quickly so we can go back home the same day. Joe, who lives in the Des Moines area, let us use his charger in his garage but that still took a couple of hours and that was just for one car (mine), and even then we had to go 55mph back to Albert Lea in order to make the distance. A SC in Des Moines would render all that unnecessary, and would complete the SC path from Minneapolis to Texas.
Yeah, putting Council Bluffs out there all by its lonesome seems odd, as Des Moines would seem to make far more sense for a N/S route for the Minnesotans through Albert Lea for the reasons you give, and I doubt there's a lot of Tesla owners in Sioux City/Sioux Falls to make the I-29 route a priority at the moment. Obviously Council Bluffs will be needed for I-80 eventually, but unless they start it this year instead of next as shown on the map, it seems premature.

And with Canmore, Alberta opening today.....for Edmontonians, the lower-48 now is their oyster! They can now get - okay, via Robin Hood's barn but they still can get - as far as the Florida Keys, even to Texas! - via SuperChargers.

Lock up yer wimmen and horses, folks. And bring in the cows 'n pigz, too!

I am very happy to see a start on the I 80, cant wait for it to expand, and this is a place I do business and may not have to drive my prius too in order to get to the location from colorado...but going south on the kansas 70 rout will be a lot longer.

I am hoping the trip from denver to the ABQ Nm will be done soon too...hopeful

Thanks, wcfinvader. I will be making that trip, but probably skipping the CB SupC because I will leave home (West Omaha) with a full charge. Fortunately for me, my son and daughter-in-law live just 20 miles from the KC SupC.

Thanks, wcfinvader. I will be making that trip, but probably skipping the CB SupC because I will leave home (West Omaha) with a full charge. Fortunately for me, my son and daughter-in-law live just 20 miles from the KC SupC.

No problem. Return trip charged to 96% at Kansas City supercharger and made it to Council Bluffs Supercharger with 7% left 70°F-85°F outside with ac set to 68°F. Set cruise to 70mph. Navigation estimated arrival with 3%.