Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Covina, CA (Ikea, under construction Nov 2023, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Permit Info posted by Marco on twitter.

16 stalls coming to the Ikea on 848 S. Barranca Ave in Covina.

2 blocks away from the one that recently opened.

^^^^^^^^^^
@bmah @Big Earl @Chuq

Attachments

• West Covina Ikea Permit tesla.jpg
    West Covina Ikea Permit tesla.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 237
Went and drove around the lot for a bit. First time I've been there in years and I forget how big it is. Didn't see any sign of construction going on.
There was a fenced off area on the east side of the underground lot but I think that was more for Ikea storage rather than Tesla.

One question I do have is aren't these lots typically closed/gated after hours? I sort of remember that being the case when they opened long ago but maybe that's changed.

Reactions: rayluis1988
Went and drove around the lot for a bit. First time I've been there in years and I forget how big it is. Didn't see any sign of construction going on.
There was a fenced off area on the east side of the underground lot but I think that was more for Ikea storage rather than Tesla.

One question I do have is aren't these lots typically closed/gated after hours? I sort of remember that being the case when they opened long ago but maybe that's changed.
If that is the case, we will have to wait until it opens and see whats the arrangement between Tesla and IKEA. Some other Superchargers are located at lots that close overnight. One of them is San Isidro right by the border. My friend almost got stranded there because the security guy did not want to let him in, they chain the entrances after 9pm.

Check on this every once in a while and it seems like work has stopped. SC posts are still sitting in the boxes. There are now 6 EA chargers installed in the same area but not active. I suspect the crew might be waiting for parts from Tesla or something of that nature.

Reactions: smilepak