Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Covington, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning, everyone. I am happy to report that the construction has begun. I took these pictures yesterday afternoon.

B818D40E-EF6E-42E6-B580-CB9A2179B665.jpeg

Attachments

• FB88AF4B-53A7-4FD3-A520-A98F1EBEAED5.jpeg
    FB88AF4B-53A7-4FD3-A520-A98F1EBEAED5.jpeg
    790.1 KB · Views: 70
Does this look chargers are going to be across multiple parking sections (as opposed to a single row)?

Looks like maybe 3 V3 cabinets?

Thanks for the photos!
I'm guessing the location is in the Target parking lot. Tesla tends to partner with Target, so this makes sense to me. Looking at Google maps, there's a "bend" in the back parking lot so the chargers will be in a row, but not a straight row (hope this makes sense). Just my guess at this point without actually putting my eyes on the installation.
Also, I'm hoping for a 12 stall V3 installation.

Reactions: AudreyHTX1
Yes, that makes sense, as from an earlier post with GPS coordinates (repeated below) there are two sections of parking along that particular row. But it’s hard to see the placement from the photos so far. You can clearly see that there is the one way drive next to the fenced off area, and plenty of trees which helps place the overall site.

Google Maps link to the lat and long in that permit: 30°26'36.7"N 90°08'29.6"W · LA-21, Covington, LA 70433

Last edited:
That’s a pretty wild configuration. I wonder if the other parking section put in the wider handicap-friendly parking spaces.

We did visit one mall supercharger that had this setup even on their angled parking. It felt a little weird, but we did fine.

That’s a pretty wild configuration. I wonder if the other parking section put in the wider handicap-friendly parking spaces.

We did visit one mall supercharger that had this setup even on their angled parking. It felt a little weird, but we did fine.
IIRC, the Buford, GA, supercharger is like that, with the pedestals sideways on the side of each space.

I think that allows for you to back in, without detaching a bike rack.

Thanks! I hadn't noticed before, but it looks like there are some L2 chargers there as well. I've seen that before at the Newnan, GA site.

Regarding running cable, it doesn't look like ground has been disturbed, so maybe it still needs to be run. But, they removed the fence, so you'd think the fence would still be in place if there was digging to be done.

The conduit is there, already installed - see post #25. You can see the conduit sticking up out of the ground where the utility transformer will go - lower left in 2nd photo post#36. They just need to run those power cables through the conduit.

Last edited:
Reactions: theothertom