Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cranford, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any info on this?
Yup. Here you go

Cranford.jpg

Was eating dinner in Cranford so swung by the location on June 4th. Um. Looks like it's done: There's on signs of construction, they're all looking pretty and neat, at least one has the cable lying on the ground, but the rest have them where they're supposed to go. No cars. I didn't try charging. Doesn't show up in the in-car map.
The lot is physically next to the Garden State Parkway, which is, itself, elevated in order to get over the NJ Transit Raritan Line tracks. When one leaves the lot onto Route 28, which parallels the NJ Transit lines, one just crosses (with the light) straight across 28 and onto the entrance ramp for the Garden State South. Coming the other way at the same light is the exit from the Garden State southbound direction; again, convenient, to say the least.
Guess they're waiting for somebody to turn on the power or for Tesla to get its act together.

Reactions: Cuttin
Was eating dinner in Cranford so swung by the location on June 4th. Um. Looks like it's done: There's on signs of construction, they're all looking pretty and neat, at least one has the cable lying on the ground, but the rest have them where they're supposed to go. No cars. I didn't try charging. Doesn't show up in the in-car map.
The lot is physically next to the Garden State Parkway, which is, itself, elevated in order to get over the NJ Transit Raritan Line tracks. When one leaves the lot onto Route 28, which parallels the NJ Transit lines, one just crosses (with the light) straight across 28 and onto the entrance ramp for the Garden State South. Coming the other way at the same light is the exit from the Garden State southbound direction; again, convenient, to say the least.
Guess they're waiting for somebody to turn on the power or for Tesla to get its act together.
Very exciting.

Your directions are difficult for me. Lol.

Can I summarize that's it's an easy and quick on/off in both north and south direction?

Very exciting.

Your directions are difficult for me. Lol.

Can I summarize that's it's an easy and quick on/off in both north and south direction?
Basically, if one is headed south on the GSP it’s perfect: take the exit on the GSP SB for Cranford; one stops at the light where the ramp ends on Rte. 28 and, rather than turning left or right (the usual practice), simply goes straight across the road into the Quik Check parking lot. The Superchargers are on one’s left.

Likewise, when leaving to continue on the GSP SB, drive through the same parking lot so one is facing that same light. When the light goes green, drive straight across the road onto the ramp for the GSP SB, easy peasy.

Northbound GSP is slightly more convoluted since one has to travel back and forth about a hundred yards on Rte. 28 to go from the intersection where the NB exit/entrances are to the light where the entrance to the SCs are. Really easy in any case.

Reactions: KerryOH
Definitely online. Charged VERY well yesterday. Superb speeds.

EXCELLENT location.
30sec off south GSP, prob about 1min off of northbound.

24hr Bodega with clean bathrooms and plenty of options about 150ft away, half the walk is covered by gas pump roof.

No trailer pull in stall. 😢

Attachments

• CC438B0F-6F3E-46DD-A134-1EA63FFF1A13.jpeg
    CC438B0F-6F3E-46DD-A134-1EA63FFF1A13.jpeg
    592.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 7765F9A9-B532-4AEE-AACC-505BEEDB6B9F.jpeg
    7765F9A9-B532-4AEE-AACC-505BEEDB6B9F.jpeg
    457.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 07CA8045-4AE5-4F5D-B9E2-9C683662CF01.jpeg
    07CA8045-4AE5-4F5D-B9E2-9C683662CF01.jpeg
    762 KB · Views: 78