Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger credits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had any experience of using free supercharger miles yet?
I used a supercharger for the first time today (no problems, good experience), but not sure about using my 5000 referral miles.
The car said I had been charged £14.88, no reference to my free miles, and my 'Lootbox' on the app still says I have 5000 miles left.
Nothing on my credit card statement yet (but wouldn't show until tomorrow anyway).
When I called last week, they said it would be applied to my account as soon as I used a supercharger...
Has anyone else had any experience yet? Hoping it will all correct itself in an overnight software routine..

My app lootbox shows 4662 miles left, which sounds about right. On one of my charges (not the first) the screen did show a £12 charge but I don't know where to find money owed in my online account so it could just have been a reference to what I would've been charged had I not got free miles. Anyone know where to look for money owing? I think my first charge showed no charge, but I couldn't prove it.

Once it's enabled, when you are plugged in and supercharging, don't freak out as the $$$ count up as you charge. Then, after your are done and on your way you go back to the charging screen and it will say $0 and your loot box mileage will have decremented.

Update: This is still outstanding with Tesla, despite a phone call and 2 online 'chats' with Tesla. my 'Lootbox' still shows 5000 miles, but I have a charge recorded costing £14.88 (not seen on my credit card yet, but may be charged monthly like Polar Plus).
Tesla say it appears to be a system issue and will be resolved, but it's been 3 days now...
Worth being aware that it doesn't seem as automatic as you would imagine.

Reactions: Roy W.
I got the same as well but it seems the 1st charge is free. After that, the free miles gets deducted everytime you charge. That is my experience. Not sure if there is a time limit to "spend" the miles but 6mths is banded about. Is that true? If so, that would give us an excuse to do endless road trips before the time is up. :p

Not sure if there is a time limit to "spend" the miles but 6mths is banded about. Is that true?

My understanding is that it is 6 months for each (successful) referral that you have made.

Bjorn has millions of free KM and 50 years to use them up in, or something like that !!

1,000 miles of free Supercharging is worth about 20-quid home charging on an Off Peak rate ...

My understanding is that it is 6 months for each (successful) referral that you have made.

Bjorn has millions of free KM and 50 years to use them up in, or something like that !!

1,000 miles of free Supercharging is worth about 20-quid home charging on an Off Peak rate ...
its a max of 36months - He may have 1million free miles but only 36months to use them!

From Tesla:

"Free Supercharger miles will apply to any vehicles on the same account, and will expire 6 months after the miles are added. Each additional referral will extend the previous expiration date by 6 months up to 36 months. If all mileage on an account is used before expiration, expiration date for the next referral is reset to 6 months."

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I got the same as well but it seems the 1st charge is free. After that, the free miles gets deducted everytime you charge. That is my experience. Not sure if there is a time limit to "spend" the miles but 6mths is banded about. Is that true? If so, that would give us an excuse to do endless road trips before the time is up. :p
This seems to be the case, although the car screen still states I owe £14.88. I have never been charged...

Carried out my first Supercharge tonight and as with others it showed the amount of money it would cost me and my loot box hasn't reduced. I was too busy playing around with other features so I didn't notice if the figure has dropped to £0.00 after the charge session (like other people have observed). I'll keep an eye on my credit card statement and see what that looks like in a few days.

Some people say they have got a free session for their first supercharge - not the case here.

Will keep an eye on my card statement and see if anything pops up.

My first supercharge cost £7.22 and nothing showed up on my account. When I go to a supercharger it still shows the balance as £7.22.

On my subsequent charges, a 'History' Tab appeared on my Tesla Account and under it I have 400kWh credit. So far I've used 28.

Screenshot 2019-10-18 at 22.22.09.png

Actually, just checked teslafi. I had two supercharges on collection day (wokingham and South Mimms) and both were free/unrecorded.

The next morning's supercharge (grantham) was the first to come off my 400kWh referral quota. I'd used all 400kWh in the first 6 days :oops: