TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Crescent City (Went LIVE on 09-08-2016)

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by yobigd20, Apr 9, 2015.

1. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

came across this: http://www.crescentcity.org/downloads/040615.pdf and I didn't see anything on TMC posted about a supercharger in Crescent City CA nor does anything on supercharge.info show anything on crescent city. at the bottom there are some exhibits and photos showing exact location.

tesla_crescent01.png tesla_crescent02.png tesla_crescent03.png tesla_crescent04.png tesla_crescent05.png tesla_crescent06.png tesla_crescent07.png tesla_crescent08.png tesla_crescent09.png tesla_crescent10.png tesla_crescent11.png tesla_crescent12.png tesla_crescent13.png

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

3. Benjamin Brooks

Awesome! Tesla really is gonna fill in the 101 north <-> south route across California! yay!

4. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Great find!

Although not the exact address, this location matches the pictures in the document that you found. 1064 Front St, Crescent City, CA 95531 - Google Maps

- - - Updated - - -

I love this area. Less than a mile away and a 20 minute walk away is the Curly Redwood Lodge. The entire motel was built from a single redwood tree in the 50's. A great place to stay!

5. emupilot

emupilot Member

Nice location right on the shore! You can take a walk to recharge yourself while your car charges! And $1 per month rent is pretty reasonable for Tesla...

6. Klaus

Klaus Member

7. Klaus

Klaus Member

I remember staying there during my first visit to the U.S. Jan 1985 - great memories!

8. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Been in that parking lot, last year during a drive from SFO to Seattle in a rented Dodge Caravan, wishing every second that I could have driven my Tesla instead!

Nice to see the internal workings on the preparations for a Supercharger installation approval.

9. gene

gene Active Member

This is very exciting! It means there will be more chargers giving us access to the Redwoods!!

10. cpa

cpa Member

Could Eureka/Fortuna be far behind? And maybe Willits too?

11. GRA

GRA Member

I'd think Arcata might be preferable to Eureka, being at or at least closer to the junction with 299.

12. cpa

cpa Member

Perhaps, but US101 goes directly through Eureka for about 8 miles, so ingress and egress off the highway would be more direct. Presumably Tesla will eventually install a SC in Weaverville so the location in the Eureka area will be less important for those crossing the Coastal Range. But then vicarious speculation concerning SC placements is 80% of the fun :cool:

13. smartypnz

smartypnz Member

uhhhhh........ YES !!!!!!!

14. Zextraterrestrial

you are the man YobigD! Crecent city will be nice, with any wind/cold weather and sticky tires it makes Eureka to Grants pass get a little tight

I have had a talk with a Eureka city engineer but haven't had a talk recently. Have been looking at Willits city council stuff too and never saw anything yet, might have missed it though?

agree that the Guintolli area would be better than Eureka for the 299 route

- - - Updated - - -

& disc golf too!
    the park is really pretty nice. good playground for kids too
    there is also a rescue center for seals and other injured/abandoned? marine animals

15. GRA

GRA Member

#15 GRA, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    Weaverville is certainly desirable at some point, but I'd rather see Tesla put an SC in Redding first, as that will serve both east and west travel on 299 and 44, providing access to Trinity Lake, Lassen from the NW, and Alturas. They need to provide better access to Lassen, and when their lease expires (if not before), should move Corning up to Red Bluff. With the Vacaville SC the justification for Corning instead of Red Bluff disappears, and they're going to need another on I-5 north of Sacramento in any case, as Manteca to Corning, let alone Red Bluff, is too far. I like Williams (Exit 577, Granzella's Deli), but one around the I-5 junction with SR 99 north in Sacramento, say Del Paso Road (Exit 525A, Holiday Inn Express plus several restaurants) would also work. Red Bluff provides access to Lassen, Lake Almanor and Susanville via SR 36 east, as well as SR 101 via SR 36 west.

16. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

17. Pricee2

Pricee2 Member

Are there any owners in the Crescent City area that can check for construction activity? If so photos please.

18. Zextraterrestrial

#18 Zextraterrestrial, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
    nothing yet - on 5/11
    will try and check weekly and post when something happens

..also no word on Willits & Eureka hasn't heard back from Tesla

19. Pricee2

Pricee2 Member

Zex. Thanks for checking.

20. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

Ditto, Zextraterrestial!