Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Crescent City, CA (6 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Obviously the better solution is another supercharger near Coos Bay, or stopping for a little CHAdeMO or 14-50 charge somewhere half way. But I almost think I could do this route from SC to SC once both the Crescent City and Lincoln City superchargers are live.

A supercharger is reportedly planned for the Coos Bay / Bandon area, so the Crescent City to Lincoln City gap is likely to be only a short-term problem.

I have driven the coast a few times, years ago, in an ICE obviously.

I can't recall the elevation along the road from Crescent City, CA to Lincoln City, OR, though.

The distance between those two stops puts it within driving range for my soon to be delivered Model S 75D on a full charge with moderate temperatures. i.e. it's 256 miles and Tesla claims at a leisurely 50 mph I should be able to get 367 miles out of the car. That's just enough of a buffer to make me not worry much.

But I'm wondering if elevation changes might eat up more than those 100 extra miles. Can't recall if it's all uphill one way, or if it's rolling.

Any thoughts?

Obviously the better solution is another supercharger near Coos Bay, or stopping for a little CHAdeMO or 14-50 charge somewhere half way. But I almost think I could do this route from SC to SC once both the Crescent City and Lincoln City superchargers are live.

(Not that I'm going to do it soon. I live in Toronto now. But I'll definitely be road tripping out there in the next year or so.)

No, I don't think anything has changed. As far as I know there is no evidence that this is being held up by anything the city has done.

My vacation time is finally almost here, and I'll be in Crescent City all next week. I'm hoping to catch the start of construction, as Eureka seems nearly done aside from hookups and landscaping.

P_20160725_160055.jpg
Construction has finally begun in Crescent City! It's just some equipment and painted lines right now but I spotted the same white and black trailers that were at the Eureka SC yesterday.

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman and TaoJones
View attachment 187047 Construction has finally begun in Crescent City! It's just some equipment and painted lines right now but I spotted the same white and black trailers that were at the Eureka SC yesterday.

Assuming you are right, this is good news indeed--Tesla's longest in the tooth permit has finally moved to construction!

That leaves Riviere-du-Loup as the new king of delay...

They were drilling a hole for running electrical to the SC location when I stopped by today. ~200-300 feet under the parking lot. You can see the direction they were headed
IMG_20160805_133020.jpg
Drill was running under this from the right side to the left, probably right under the SC cabinets. you can see the connex box in both pics
IMG_20160805_132505.jpg
Somehow I missed the drill tip in the picture, sand must have just fallen over it. They just made it to daylight when I stopped by
IMG_20160805_132724.jpg
IMG_20160805_132603.jpg

And 6 diagonal Superchargers, directly across from the park on the beachfront. Sweet wooden playground for kids and a disc golf course too!
IMG_20160805_132554.jpg

Yes, it's directional with single-width driving lanes, but not pull-through. It only makes sense to have head-in spots in this case, but I'm glad to see confirmation of that nevertheless, as it should cut down on ICEing. It's not a huge lot and it can get relatively busy, but it rarely gets entirely full so that should be enough incentive for ICEs to pick another spot.

You beat me to it, Zextraterrestrial, but I'm going to post my mother-in-law's pics anyway, since she was so nice about getting them for me today:

Resized_20160819_150248.jpeg

Resized_20160819_150226.jpeg

Resized_20160819_150238.jpeg

I'm not sure which drivers the mirror is intended for, but it's nice that they put one in. And yes, it looks essentially finished - tidied up and just waiting for the new pavement.

Reactions: newtman