Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Creston, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking clean today. No workers on site so maybe they’ve moved on for now. The SparkPower trailer is still here though.

Attachments

• 614B0323-B636-486C-9D61-F76F2CA2D452.jpeg
    614B0323-B636-486C-9D61-F76F2CA2D452.jpeg
    625.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 0B25AE7E-526E-4FD9-9BD8-754DC4DD2722.jpeg
    0B25AE7E-526E-4FD9-9BD8-754DC4DD2722.jpeg
    702 KB · Views: 123
Stopped by today, no power yet and I’m not sure where the green transformer is, no power yet but it looks like lines have been run down the power pole. Trenching has happened from 2 green transformers that look to be previously installed, already humming away with power.

1493724d-5a8e-40b5-b170-fd4d3bd15680-jpeg.777170

Attachments

• 1493724D-5A8E-40B5-B170-FD4D3BD15680.jpeg
    1493724D-5A8E-40B5-B170-FD4D3BD15680.jpeg
    624.1 KB · Views: 279
  • 939BAEDC-BDC0-4598-B466-D7701130D207.jpeg
    939BAEDC-BDC0-4598-B466-D7701130D207.jpeg
    649.5 KB · Views: 98
SparkPower was back on site today (I think yesterday too as I saw their truck in town). No idea what they were doing but the big white cabinets were completely disassembled. It almost looked like it wasn’t wired up properly before and they had to do it over or something…but I really have no idea. It didn’t look to me like there were any new parts or pieces on site.

I’ll try to get some pictures again later in the week once they finish up this step.

It looks the same as it did before. Talked to someone there who seemed to know what was going on. Sounds like a big wind storm a little while back caused damage somehow which required Spark Power to come back in and rewire the white cabinets. Has anyone ever heard of something like this happening before?

Anyway, they seem to be done that work so we’re back to waiting on Fortis, I guess.

Friendly reminder for the next person who visits this location .. please check to see if the electrical meter is installed and if possible, take a photo of it there or not there. Thank you :)
Where would I look for that? My understanding was that this site still needs a green box beside the white cabinets (between the yellow posts). Is that not where the meter would go or am I misunderstanding what steps still need to be completed?

Where would I look for that? My understanding was that this site still needs a green box beside the white cabinets (between the yellow posts). Is that not where the meter would go or am I misunderstanding what steps still need to be completed?

Thanks for your efforts that keep us up to date, edman_2222!

Try looking for the electrical meter on the side of the white Tesla electrical cabinets, here is an example of the installed meter at another site:
Supercharger - South Surrey, BC

If the meter hasn't been installed yet sometimes there will just be the meter mounting point. We even enjoy pics of these as well. And at least you know where to check the next time! Here is an example of this from another site:
Supercharger - Merritt, BC

It’ll be somewhere near the green transformer box, but it won’t be inside it. Just like a regular house meter, it has to where it’s easy to read.

Thanks for your efforts that keep us up to date, edman_2222!

Try looking for the electrical meter on the side of the white Tesla electrical cabinets, here is an example of the installed meter at another site:
Supercharger - South Surrey, BC

If the meter hasn't been installed yet sometimes there will just be the meter mounting point. We even enjoy pics of these as well. And at least you know where to check the next time! Here is an example of this from another site:
Supercharger - Merritt, BC
Ok, thanks for that. I’ll take a look next time. I should point out too, if it isn’t clear in the photos, but there still is no paving done on the parking spots.

When they did the construction, they also dug a trench towards some green transformer boxes that were already there for the hotel. I’ve been trying to look there for anything different but I don’t see anything done to the existing transformer boxes. Would they tap into those old ones or will they need one exclusively for the supercharger? The trench has been driving me crazy as I thought it looked important but can’t figure out what the point of it was.