Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Crestview, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picture from today.

Attachments

• 20210210_102912.jpg
    20210210_102912.jpg
    804.6 KB · Views: 104
2/21/21
7pm

charger working. arrived with 12% and peaked at 230kW.

Just FYI.
Which stall did you charge on? I never went past 165kw...it took 45 min to charge on the end when I tested it this past Friday....others on Plugshare were reported 84 and 42kW even...I thought V3 was supposed to be not affected by someone charging next to you and easily go above 200kW....didn't seem much fast that typical V2's

Which stall did you charge on? I never went past 165kw...it took 45 min to charge on the end when I tested it this past Friday....others on Plugshare were reported 84 and 42kW even...I thought V3 was supposed to be not affected by someone charging next to you and easily go above 200kW....didn't seem much fast that typical V2's
I assume you know that M3 SR+ is limited to 170KW due to smaller battery.

What kind of vehicle are you driving and at what state of charge did you begin charging?

I just checked PlugShare and the recent check-ins with power listings are:
  • Feb 21: 230 kW (Model 3)
  • Feb 20: 189 kW (Model 3)
  • Feb 20: 74 kW
  • Feb 19: 165 kW (Model 3)
  • Feb 19: 84 kW (Classic Model S)
  • Feb 17: 42 kW (Classic Model S)
Remember that charging speed can vary significantly depending on vehicle age, model, number of miles, state of charge, battery temperature and station utilization (yes, power can still be limited if a V3 station is busy). Nothing seems out of the ordinary with this location.

I was the 4th one on the list...2019 Model 3 LR RWD...had about 30 miles on the battery...40,000 miles total...temp outside, probably 55 degrees, another model 3 was charging on the other end....left about 15 min into the charge...spent maybe 10 min around 150-165kW...hovered around 70-100kW for the most part....still seemed slow, charged at multiple V2's over the years...
glad its open, was hoping for more speed...mass adoption might have a hard time with 45 min charge time...hoping these numbers shorten over time...

20210228_143247.jpg

Took a ride to Destin today, just for fun. On the way back got a quick charge at Crestview. We were only there a short time, charging at 500+ miles per hour. Never got to full "V3 power". But it was pretty quick and then back on the road.

This charger is really close to I-10. Really nice if you happen to be on a road trip and just need some juice and go.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
Yep mid-week only three stalls where working. The charge time was decent on working stalls 35mins from 109 miles to 315 on our MSP Raven. There has been some intense storms in Crestview. Figure that may have caused the issue. BTW - Crestview has a couple of great pizza places. We usually grab a Chick Fil A or a pizza and plugin. LOVE free supercharging !!

Stay away TS Fred !!

M

Just to let folks know who use the Crestview SuperCharger. Lately we have been getting a "Service unavailable" on our screen when we navigate to them. Turns out that there is a set of A chargers and B chargers. The A chargers are in fact INOP but the B chargers the ones toward HWY 85 are working great. We were the only ones hooked up and a very quick turn around yesterday.

M