Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Culver City, CA (16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really don't understand this part. Please explain

People going to/fro San Diego currently don't have any alternative except stopping at SJC if driving along the 5. SJC is one of the busiest SpC in So Cal and is almost always full. Even when you do connect, your power is likely to be limited so it takes a LONG time to charge, especially for S60 owners to get the 140 miles they need to make it to Tejon. It also doesn't give much wiggle room if you want to drive around LA before resuming your route along the 5.

Hence, the only option becomes detouring to the 405 (AKA the West side, which is notoriously congested and difficult to get to). Currently, Tesla is favoring this option heavily when they ought to be spreading out the chargers. Having one along the 5 in LA makes percent sense IMO.

The site is really coming together. This site is going to be ICED like crazy for the next week. Last year I made the mistake of pulling into that lot and it took 30 minutes to get out. Everyone was shopping...

The workers pulled the fence in so people could park in front of the chargers...a sign of thing to come.

2014-12-17 14.38.07.jpg
2014-12-17 14.38.36.jpg
2014-12-17 14.38.56.jpg

The site is really coming together. This site is going to be ICED like crazy for the next week. Last year I made the mistake of pulling into that lot and it took 30 minutes to get out. Everyone was shopping...

The workers pulled the fence in so people could park in front of the chargers...a sign of thing to come.

Beautiful site. Thanks for the pics. I agree that there will be a lot of ICEing here. Fortunately, 7 of the spots are pull in types. Those have much more of an appearance of a dedicated charger. No one can pull into one of those and say "Oh, I didn't realize."

Beautiful site. Thanks for the pics. I agree that there will be a lot of ICEing here. Fortunately, 7 of the spots are pull in types. Those have much more of an appearance of a dedicated charger. No one can pull into one of those and say "Oh, I didn't realize."

No ICEing. This parking area rarely has anyone there. It's as far from an easy entrance as exists at this mall and although I go to Fox Hills Mall once a week, I've never parked in this area.

No ICEing. This parking area rarely has anyone there. It's as far from an easy entrance as exists at this mall and although I go to Fox Hills Mall once a week, I've never parked in this area.
Good to hear. Maybe tough this next week? Whatever. Happy to have this addition. I live too close to use this one in my travels, though sometimes I come home with a very low SOC and want to add some miles in case I need to head back out.

Good to hear. Maybe tough this next week? Whatever. Happy to have this addition. I live too close to use this one in my travels, though sometimes I come home with a very low SOC and want to add some miles in case I need to head back out.

We'll see, I was there for about an hour and no one pulled in to any spot. That could be because the workers were still moving around but perhaps the lights made the difference. I'm going to watch today in the evening, that is when that lot fills up. Last night it go a bit crazy with the entire lot full and people waiting to park stacking up and blocking the access road. I had to go the wrong way on the road to get out.

Anyone charge there today? Debating between this vs Hawthorne for a charge this weekend
Charged up at lunchtime. The construction equipment is being packed up, all chargers are hot but:1. Parking lot is packed and challenging to navigate because of holiday shoppers.2. Charge rate was slow despite being the only car plugged in, 408V, 81A (low); yielding 130mi/hr . 3. Expect some/all stalls to be unavailable come the next 2 to 3 day warm/dry spell because they're planning to recoat the blacktop and re-stripe the stalls.
IMG_8241.JPG

IMG_8237.JPG

The Larger enclosure (above) is conspicuously void in the center region, looks as if it will accommodate another transformer. Expansion???
IMG_8249.JPG

Last edited: