TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Culver City

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by NoCO, Nov 5, 2014.

1. rrosenbl

rrosenbl Member

I was there yesterday at 5pm and 23-cars were onsite over a 10-min period, busiest I've ever seen it, mostly Model S. only 5 3s leading me to believe free supercharging is a contributing factor.

Attached Files:

2. vernontwg

vernontwg Member

currently charging with all stalls taken and getting 41kW :( when I used to charge at Dublin I would at least get over 70 even with all stalls occupied. I hope Tesla does something about charging speeds here.

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

4. jvanyc

jvanyc Member

It's not free supercharging...it's included. Nobody got any free anything.

• Helpful x 1
  5. David99

David99 Active Member

Tesla called it 'free' so I think it's fair to use their terminology.

• Like x 2
  6. ecarfan

Agreed.

Moderator note: additional posts discussing that issue will be moved to their own thread in a different forum, since that topic is not what this thread is about. Thank you.

7. Elmexiken

Elmexiken Member

Anyone know what's going on with this site???? It isn't showing on the map anymore.

8. hypa

hypa Member

It is still open, I was there earlier this evening.

9. Elmexiken

Elmexiken Member

Was there over the weekend. Quite a few stalls were not working.

10. gasisnasty

gasisnasty Member

June 11. I plugged in and charged my Tesla at the Culver City CA Supercharger station. All available stalls were full (very common here).
    June 12. I received an email from Tesla saying the charger for my Tesla was idle for 8 minutes. Fees were waived because this was my first idle fee.

The major problem with this is that I stopped the charge at 180 miles on purpose as I had to be somewhere. Normally I charge up to about 220 miles.The SC station was full, so right after I pulled out another Tesla pulled into my stall to charge. So the charger being idle for 8 minutes was impossible.

The mechanism that calculates the idle fees can't be functioning properly at the Culver City CA Supercharger station. I will be contacting Tesla about this. Anyone else had this problem?

11. ecarfan

@gasisnasty I read your post but am not clear on what happened when you were at the Supercharger.

You plugged in and then “stopped the charge” at 180 miles of range. How much time elapsed between when charging stopped and you unplugged?

That time period is what Tesla uses to calculate idle fees.

If this discussion results in numerous posts about idle fee calculation (as I predict it will) it will have to be moved to another thread, since the topic is not specific to this one Supercharger. The mechanism used to calculate idle fees is not Supercharger-specific.

12. gasisnasty

gasisnasty Member

Yes, it is specific to Culver City as I haven't had this happen anywhere else. I travel a lot so I should know.
    I unplugged at 180 miles (short of my usual 80% charge), left the stall immediately and another Tesla took my place right away.
    So, 8 minutes idle time is impossible. Besides which isn't there a grace period before the 8 minutes Tesla said it was idle?