Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Culver City, CA (16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may make people dislike Tesla, and tbh, I think this ICEing problem will only be during the crazy xmas shopping holidays. It should die down after the new year.

I think some Parking spot markings and tow-away signs would scare people out of parking there, but just towing them willy nilly is not gonna solve much

Replace Tesla with Handicap Driver and you get the same formula.

If we tow people from Handicap parking spaces, is going to alienate car drivers against them. So we should let them block handicap parking spaces?

It actually works the other way: start towing a few idiots and the rest will quickly get the message not to break the law.

Refueling station: Caution High Voltage

Or a slight modification of the pedestal design...

teslacoils.jpg

Still not showing on my in car nav as a sc location

I think that is on purpose, I was talking to the Brian (Tesla engineer) and he mentioned they suspected that this site may have problems during this week(might even have made an agreement with the mall). Perhaps, they decided to hold off making the site official until after the holidays, then they don't need to worry about this until next year.

I tried posting yesterday, but it seems like it didn't get through:
This mall was so massively crowded yesterday, that I could not even get into the parking lot. I gave up and arrived home with just enough range to make it.
My bet is that there will be little ICE'ing once this holiday passes, and I won't fret it too much about it now. Next year is another matter. People may be more dependent on it then. Hopefully, TM will get on it if needed. If not, we can as a group contribute some green cones.

This charger is now showing up on my car's nav. I'm sitting here charging now (1am) and not another soul around. Super-nice area. Much more to do than Hawthorne - although not at this hour. But my wife is telling me Macys is open until 2am.

Some of mine from today...remember that on Wednesday the other half of the superchargers will be closed for resurfacing. The mall closes early Wednesday and will be closed on Thursday so things should be fine...but next weekend after Christmas...be prepared.

2014-12-23 13.35.34.jpg
2014-12-23 20.24.48.jpg

IMG_8315.JPG

No one ICEing though charging at 4am is ideal.

There are many stalls missing signs ("Tesla electric vehicle parking"):
1a needs a sign
2b needs a a light post w/sign
3b needs a sign
4a needs a sign
4b needs a sign
5a needs a sign
5b needs a sign
6a needs a a light post w/sign

Since there's nothing to indicate these spaces are reserved, I can't blame folks desperate to shop/park at this crowded mall from ICEing spots.

There were bunch of Orange cones scattered about the resurfaced area.
To help prevent ICEing, I repositioned them to block the unmarked stalls.
IMG_8316.JPG
IMG_8317.JPG

In addition to seeing all stalls available this morning, I was delighted by the charging rate:
211A 379V 313Mi/H
much higher than the first day the Chargers went online.

Last edited:

A non-Tesla car is parked in a dedicated Supercharger stall, what should I do?

Many Supercharger sites are outfitted with ‘dedicated’ stalls (meant only for Tesla vehicles) and a few ‘enabled’ stalls (which allow for time-restricted general parking). Please be aware of stall signage. If a non-Tesla vehicle is blocking a ‘dedicated’ Supercharger stall, please notify Tesla at (877) 798-3752 (international phone numbers).

A non-Tesla car is parked in a dedicated Supercharger stall, what should I do?

Many Supercharger sites are outfitted with ‘dedicated’ stalls (meant only for Tesla vehicles) and a few ‘enabled’ stalls (which allow for time-restricted general parking). Please be aware of stall signage. If a non-Tesla vehicle is blocking a ‘dedicated’ Supercharger stall, please notify Tesla at (877) 798-3752 (international phone numbers).

Is this statement from a Tesla website? Please provide the web address or provide the source. Thank you