Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cupertino, CA (LIVE 28 Mar 2018, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picture from yesterday, Jan 11, 2018. I did notice a few people still working outside on the ground level electrical stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_20180111_081018.jpg
    IMG_20180111_081018.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 111
The BBQ grill is otherwise known as a concrete mixer.

Yes, those bunch of workers are not very smiley. They all seem extraordinarily young, too; typically, a crew will have a range of ages, including some combination of young (their age), middle aged, and old. I wonder where the older people are. If indeed there are no old people, this was ambitious of that company, and they've probably learned a lot about doing their work in the future (if they wanted to learn). The fact they keep plugging away at it means they're determined to get the job done.

The BBQ grill is otherwise known as a concrete mixer.

Yes, those bunch of workers are not very smiley. They all seem extraordinarily young, too; typically, a crew will have a range of ages, including some combination of young (their age), middle aged, and old. I wonder where the older people are. If indeed there are no old people, this was ambitious of that company, and they've probably learned a lot about doing their work in the future (if they wanted to learn). The fact they keep plugging away at it means they're determined to get the job done.
No wonder the burgers had a tough crust.

Looks like they painted the metal plate covering the conduit on the wall. Too bad... the shiny chrome finish looked kind nice IMO.
View attachment 274290
You and I seem to have opposite opinions about that; I thought oh no that chrome looks awful, and now that they finished it I think it looks really professional with the trim pieces and it all painted, what I'd expect for that type of plain construction. The intent is to make it look nice, and seem part of the architecture in a nice way, a finished part of the building, like it is meant to be there, and at the same time, not let the guts hang out in such a way that it causes eye sores and potential difficulties. I think they did a pretty good job taking warty-looking SuperCharger equipment (cabinets, pipes, etc.) and make it look nice, both downstairs and upstairs.

That paired with the local stores makes this a pretty nice SuperCharger site.

You and I seem to have opposite opinions about that; I thought oh no that chrome looks awful, and now that they finished it I think it looks really professional with the trim pieces and it all painted, what I'd expect for that type of plain construction. The intent is to make it look nice, and seem part of the architecture in a nice way, a finished part of the building, like it is meant to be there, and at the same time, not let the guts hang out in such a way that it causes eye sores and potential difficulties. I think they did a pretty good job taking warty-looking SuperCharger equipment (cabinets, pipes, etc.) and make it look nice, both downstairs and upstairs.

Chrome Delete :)

Not so much opposite, I think. I'm not a big fan of chrome either. Much of my MS chrome is blacked out. But I do like the look of chrome metal plate. I was surprised that, if they planned to paint it, they didn't use less expensive, and easier to paint, non-chromed metal plate to cover the conduit. Painted, it DOES have a more finished, integrated look.

If they ever finish, I agree that this should be a nice place to Super Charge... if you can find it and an open stall. Midday, the garage gets pretty full. So; there could be lots of local Teslas charging and maybe even some "overflow" ICE vehicles in a stall or two.

Having to back in to the somewhat narrow stalls, I hope that auto-park performs well...in my Tesla and the ones next to me.

Reactions: Ulmo
On the one hand: sweet, progress! On the other: the Sunnyvale superchargers have been sitting idle in that construction-finished, yellow-tape-wrapped state for two and a half months now, so how much time remains is anyone's guess. As with all things Tesla, the answer is: soon. :)

While it may look finished, it can take a while to actually become available. This is what the Tesla representative
that I spoke with yesterday at the Fremont factory told me.

On the other hand, he said that once it does go live, it should show up on your screen "immediately".

While it may look finished, it can take a while to actually become available. This is what the Tesla representative
that I spoke with yesterday at the Fremont factory told me.
Has anyone seen evidence of the utility company transformer being installed for these Superchargers.

Those are slightly lower-powered urban Superchargers.
No, they are not. The photos of these new Supercharger pedestals posted by @heytae and others are of the normal 135kW Superchargers.

Or are you referring to something else?

Has anyone seen evidence of the utility company transformer being installed for these Superchargers.
I took a long look around on January 26 and saw no sign of a transformer near the superchargers. I think it will likely be outside at ground level, where there's a small area fenced off directly below. I leaned out and took a picture looking down, and while it seems the area is filled mostly with building debris, there is something. It was kind of dark, but I think that might be something greenish on a pad. What do you think?
IMG_6593.jpg

Reactions: Ulmo