Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cupertino, CA (LIVE 28 Mar 2018, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I swung by today. The wheel stops were still piled up, but the area looked much cleaner.

There was a Model S backed up just outside the yellow tape in position to plug in to the last charger. However, it was not plugged in.

Three men were standing together inside the perimeter next to the MS. I asked one of them the status. He told me "There's light at the end of the tunnel" and to check back in a few days.

Last edited:
Reactions: bmah
Cupertino has a pretty nice online permit tracker site (Cupertino Building Permits). You can find the status of all the building permits in Cupertino by navigating the city map and selecting the pin on map that represents the permit at that location. The description of the permit does not provide a lot of detail but at the very end it states that something was issued on 3-20-2018. I can't tell if it was the grounding plan that preceded the date stamp or if the final permit that was issued. In any case, looks like there's progress. See for yourself:

Cupertino Supercharger Permit.JPG

Attachments

• Cupertino Supercharger Permit.JPG
    Cupertino Supercharger Permit.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 88
Just curious for when it opens:
That's a pretty busy parking lot with a narrow driveway in front of those SCs. It's on the 2nd floor, so there will be cars heading up to higher floors. Where and how do you think the queue (hopefully not often) will go? In which direction, from the "incoming" direction with the SCs on the left side?

We Tesla owners don't want to get "the stink eye" for blocking traffic while queuing, should that happen. Plus, we'll need to back into each slot, which may require a bit of ballet if there's a lot of traffic in both directions.

Just curious for when it opens:
That's a pretty busy parking lot with a narrow driveway in front of those SCs. It's on the 2nd floor, so there will be cars heading up to higher floors. Where and how do you think the queue (hopefully not often) will go? In which direction, from the "incoming" direction with the SCs on the left side?

We Tesla owners don't want to get "the stink eye" for blocking traffic while queuing, should that happen. Plus, we'll need to back into each slot, which may require a bit of ballet if there's a lot of traffic in both directions.
Am assuming Tesla will have an attendee like they do in San Mateo and Mountain View. There really isn't a good spot to line up...

It's open!! Charging now.

White Model S is the Technician's car to confirm it all works. He mentioned that the list and map should update by tomorrow at the latest.

Temporary power generator outside the garage, in the process of going offline. They had to cut power to the garage temporarily to install grounding for the superchargers.

Attachments

• 20180328_152839.jpg
    20180328_152839.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 20180328_152813.jpg
    20180328_152813.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 20180328_155843.jpg
    20180328_155843.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

White Model S is the Technician's car to confirm it all works. He mentioned that the list and map should update by tomorrow at the latest.

Temporary power generator outside the garage, in the process of going offline. They had to cut power to the garage temporarily to install grounding for the superchargers.
Your 36kW looks a little wimpy given the battery state of charge... wonder if the stations are being throttled for now because of the temporary generator?

Cue the avalanche of Teslas in 3, 2, 1...

Bruce.
I laughed, but it's not funny. But yeah, it is.
;-)

Yup this will be just like Sunnyvale, San Mateo, Mountain View... The capacity will always be absorbed by the high concentration of Teslas (Teslae? Teslï?).
Well, I guess there is a theoretical point where this would not happen, but I don't know if Tesla really needs that install that many Superchargers...
It is telling that they are not going with the "urban" chargers anywhere near here. Too many cars, can't have them plugged in for any longer than absolutely needed.

• Informative
Reactions: EVie'sDad

They really need to install the bumper (wheel stopper, can't think of the actual name right now), otherwise we might have broken station really soon.

Reactions: EVie'sDad
They're online and empty! — (for now)

Two issues:
(1) no rear wheel-bumps
(2) the parking lines are too short, my car was backed in about 15 inches (based on the warning indicator) and was still jutting out

Attachments

• IMG_1460.jpg
    IMG_1460.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
They really need to install the bumper (wheel stopper, can't think of the actual name right now), otherwise we might have broken station really soon.
I thought the exact same thing as we pulled up this evening. Also 4 of 10 stalls already occupied, even before they put it on the map. Sadly I agree this location is going to end up like Mountain View and San Mateo. Overcrowded and difficult to find a free stall at. Sunnyvale already was maxed out 10 of 10 spaces occupied at 9:45pm this evening, on a weeknight no less. We just skipped even trying that location.