Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cupertino, CA (LIVE 28 Mar 2018, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought the exact same thing as we pulled up this evening. Also 4 of 10 stalls already occupied, even before they put it on the map. Sadly I agree this location is going to end up like Mountain View and San Mateo. Overcrowded and difficult to find a free stall at. Sunnyvale already was maxed out 10 of 10 spaces occupied at 9:45pm this evening, on a weeknight no less. We just skipped even trying that location.

Wow. So if I'm going to try to charge at Cupertino so I can put it on my "Superchargers visited" list, I'm going to have to go at oh-dark-thirty then? Is this place open 24 hours?

Bruce.

Wow. So if I'm going to try to charge at Cupertino so I can put it on my "Superchargers visited" list, I'm going to have to go at oh-dark-thirty then? Is this place open 24 hours?

Bruce.
Yes, it's open 24/7.

Supercharger-Cupertino.jpg

I saw this morning that all stalls were taken on the nav screen. Wondering if its a glitch or if it was really full. None of the other ones in the Bay Area were completely full, even Mountain View had 4 stalls available.

The stalls aren't showing up correctly. I pulled into them at about 9:45 last night and the map indicated 10/10 full. Nobody was there except for me.

An interesting analysis. I wonder if Sunnyvale was really full last night. We come to expect the map data to be accurate, and this revelation doesn't seem reflect that expectation.
I was kidding.
It is a way to achieve that, but am sure Tesla would not go there, as they'd be called out really quickly. It would erode driver confidence in the Supercharging network, which is the killer app of the Tesla ecosystem.

Out and about this weekend, I noticed that all 3 SCs (Mt. View, Sunnyvale, Cupertino) had 3-4 empty stalls when Mt.View was typically "full." With 3 SC options in near proximity this should cut down the lines - at least until production ramps. But if Elon can't work himself out of the financial cash crisis (i.e. proving the shorts wrong) then we may enjoy this "no waiting" much longer!

Reactions: chibi_kurochan
Finally got over to the Cupertino Supercharger this evening to get my 30th Supercharger location. I headed over here in the late afternoon but didn't try to charge until the evening because it looked pretty full to me on the Nav display. Only here for about 10 minutes. I can't see myself coming here again except in an emergency, but I'm sure it'll get a lot of use. If there's any amount of traffic going through that part of the parking garage it's a real pain to back in to the charging stalls (there should be some way to tell the driver behind you, "Back off buddy, I'm going to reverse into that parking stall over there."). I also thought the signage was confusing, or maybe it was just the topology of the place.

Slightly bummed I didn't get to see the infamous BBQ grill. :oops:

The mall looked nice from the outside but I didn't explore...just wanted to get a quick charge and come back home.

Bruce.

Finally got over to the Cupertino Supercharger this evening to get my 30th Supercharger location. I headed over here in the late afternoon but didn't try to charge until the evening because it looked pretty full to me on the Nav display. Only here for about 10 minutes. I can't see myself coming here again except in an emergency, but I'm sure it'll get a lot of use. If there's any amount of traffic going through that part of the parking garage it's a real pain to back in to the charging stalls (there should be some way to tell the driver behind you, "Back off buddy, I'm going to reverse into that parking stall over there."). I also thought the signage was confusing, or maybe it was just the topology of the place.

Slightly bummed I didn't get to see the infamous BBQ grill. :oops:

The mall looked nice from the outside but I didn't explore...just wanted to get a quick charge and come back home.

Bruce.
Wow Bruce, 30 different Superchargers is impressive! It seems that this Cupertino SC is busier than Sunnyvale and Mt. View i.e. fewer open slots.