Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cupertino, CA - Stevens Creek Blvd (LIVE 17 Nov 2020, 28 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Found a permit for the installation of a new Supercharger at the Target (20745 Stevens Creek Blvd) in Cupertino. Despite the permit not mentioning Tesla once, I’m confident that this permit can only be for Superchargers. It’s impossible that anyone other than Tesla would install 32 (the number mentioned in the permit) charging stations at a Target, and there is also the fact that this is one of the locations listed in the Tesla-Target deal recently discovered. I think Tesla will also be installing a handful of ChargePoint Level 2s as part of the deal with Target. Will add on Supercharge Info!!

Director’s Minor Modification Permit

Commercial Electrical Permit (Issued)

91A74145-7C27-47D2-8D8D-4911B76A38A8.jpeg

Depending on how the building department wants the stations counted, they might be including a number of L2 stations in the 32 total number. At the superchargers hosted by Target stores Tesla pretty much always installs some J1772 Chargepoint L2 stations for Target alongside the superchargers. Whether those stations are counted in the permit's description of the number or not isn't standardized.

I don't think the Apple campus causes any additional load on chargers. There's ample (and free) charging available for all Apple employees on campus. Even the Apple visitor center next to the campus has quite a few (20+) Chargepoint level 2 chargers available. And they're free for everyone. I've used those a lot when I was working on an Apple contract for my company. But I do agree it will be a busy charger due to the amount of Tesla's around here. Just in my small cul-de-sac in Sunnyvale, there are 2 S's, a 3, an X and a Y! Now, we'll only need a Cybertruck, an ATV, a Roadster and a Semi (that will be the problem!) and we can spell "SEXY CARS".

Almost never. Santa Rosa, CA is V3 and has Powerpacks.
Yeah, there's a handful of them out there. Hawthorne (the SpaceX / Tesla design studio location), Kettleman City, and the new LINQ location in Las Vegas also have them. So do a few others. But I think it's fewer than a dozen total locations. And I think Kettleman City and Hawthorne had the batteries even before any stalls got upgraded to V3.

Yeah, there's a handful of them out there. Hawthorne (the SpaceX / Tesla design studio location), Kettleman City, and the new LINQ location in Las Vegas also have them. So do a few others. But I think it's fewer than a dozen total locations. And I think Kettleman City and Hawthorne had the batteries even before any stalls got upgraded to V3.
Right. That's why I singled out Santa Rosa as a site that was installed new from scratch with V3 and Powerpacks. LV-Linq is similar, but I haven't seen good pictures of the batteries. One guy made a YouTube video when the site was new and thought the distribution cabinets were batteries.

Dropped by on Sunday during the heatwave to take some pictures. It seems construction has started with fencing and some pavement removal. A large L shaped area in the side parking lot of the newly renovated Target has been fenced off. I am assuming this is where the Supercharger install will happen.

Attachments

• IMG_2374.JPG
    IMG_2374.JPG
    614.4 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2373.JPG
    IMG_2373.JPG
    859 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2372.JPG
    IMG_2372.JPG
    821.8 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2371.JPG
    IMG_2371.JPG