Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dallas - Park Ln.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New permit filed with TDLR for a supercharger at Northwood Retail, 8080 PARK LN, Dallas near 75 and Northwest Hwy.

Project Name:Tesla EV Charging Installation - Dallas, TX - Park Lane
Project Number:TABS2021013499
Facility Name:Northwood Retail
Location Address:8080 PARK LN Dallas, TX 94304
Location County:Dallas
Start Date:6/1/2021
Completion Date:8/15/2021
Estimated Cost:$315,000
Type of Work:New Construction
Type of Funds:This project is privately funded, on private land for private use.
Scope of Work:Installation of Tesla EV Charging Station.
Square Footage:950 ft 2

@MarcoRP

Can't ever complain about new superchargers. 72kW to 250kW is a welcomed addition to DFW - I agree I wish is was further than Walnut Hill., but I'll take it. I wonder when this one will be active ... are we taking bets yet? Ha.
Permit says work starts June 1 and is due to be finished August 15. Not sure how closely they are required to stick to those dates. But recently seems like they have been speeding up how fast these go in. Hope that's the case here.

Permit says work starts June 1 and is due to be finished August 15. Not sure how closely they are required to stick to those dates. But recently seems like they have been speeding up how fast these go in. Hope that's the case here.
Well, duh - I should've seen that lol. Thanks for the help. Can't imagine those are any kind of hard deadline based on what I know about permits/inspections. Looking forward to adding another. Now let's get a downtown/uptown and an Allen/McKinney station and we're in business!

1. The TDLR thing isn't a permit, it's just a review of site plans to ensure they meet disabled access standards. It doesn't give any authority to proceed to construction. It is, however, an often necessary step in getting an approved building permit for superchargers in Texas.
  2. Maybe two years ago I compared the dates listed for 30 supercharger projects in the TDLR filings with their actual opening dates. The average (mean) was that they opened 2 months after the projected finish date. But there were an almost equal number of sites that opened more than 6 months later to the number that opened in the month listed (5 vs 6). Whether the same trends hold true for more recent supercharger projects or not, I don't know.

What's the deal here with this charger? Permit for 85 days... Seems like late September opening at this point.
When you build a commercial build, you are required for so many parking spots based on the number of sq ft of commercial/retail/apartment. Builders have to have the parking approve for permit. So if you are "reserving" car spots for Tesla, gotta go back to the city, architectural approval, more complex engineering than digging dirt. Impact of current electrical needs of tenants and business and such so on. Biggest drain is big city inspection/oversight/complaince. Look at the Fort Worthless on Monahans location - 942 days.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlS
When you build a commercial build, you are required for so many parking spots based on the number of sq ft of commercial/retail/apartment. Builders have to have the parking approve for permit. So if you are "reserving" car spots for Tesla, gotta go back to the city, architectural approval, more complex engineering than digging dirt. Impact of current electrical needs of tenants and business and such so on. Biggest drain is big city inspection/oversight/complaince. Look at the Fort Worthless on Monahans location - 942 days.

Yikes.

I don't see anything south of Mocking Bird? Am I missing something?

It’s on the Tesla find us map- says opening Q3 2021:

It’s on the Tesla find us map- says opening Q3 2021:
Ah ha. I see your data point now, thanks. The map pins can and do move as we know on SuC locations, but if this is a coming 3Q, I'd think there would be a permit and a reference in the supercharger.info. This is right in the middle of a subdivision. I wonder if this coming soon location has become the new one a few miles north.