Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dallas, TX - The Hill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still watching to see if there is any progress. The Red Hot & Blue is already looking a lot nicer on the outside and the TreeHouse is taking shape. I'm not exactly sure where the Superchargers are going to be, but the lot on the TreeHouse side remains unpaved at this time. They're currently repaving right in front of Red Hot & Blue, but heavy construction vehicles are being used with the TreeHouse construction, so it might be a while until that gets paved. I pass it by on the highway, so it's hard to get a detailed look though.

Is the Supercharger supposed be ready around 6/2017?

This will be a good stop when traveling to Tulsa or St Louis. It saves 100 miles vs going to Denton/OKC. Tesla confirmed they are building one in Henryetta, OK to make Tulsa, OK reachable directly

"Thank you for your email. We are still in the early stages of scouting for sites near Checotah – currently targeting the area closer to Henryetta, so it is unlikely that this station will be open before Christmas. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site, so we cannot make guarantees about opening dates, but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers and we are excited to announce new sites on our website.

We appreciate your patience, enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thank you,

The Tesla Supercharger Team"

This will be a good stop when traveling to Tulsa or St Louis. It saves 100 miles vs going to Denton/OKC. Tesla confirmed they are building one in Henryetta, OK to make Tulsa, OK reachable directly

I was hoping they'd do this, as this is a route I need to take to see family up in Kansas. Based on the distance, I'd expect an additional supercharger to be put in somewhere between Sherman and Durant.

Reactions: vrykolas
I drove past today and noticed they were pouring the parking lot on the side of the building I suspect the chargers will be. I'll see if I can get some pictures soon. There's not a great angle to see it except from on the highway though, so I'm not sure where I'll be able to take photos.

"Thank you for your email. We are still in the early stages of scouting for sites near Checotah – currently targeting the area closer to Henryetta, so it is unlikely that this station will be open before Christmas. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site, so we cannot make guarantees about opening dates, but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers and we are excited to announce new sites on our website.

We appreciate your patience, enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thank you,

The Tesla Supercharger Team"

I'm hoping it will be Checotah. I take 69 to I-44 to go to MO a few times a year and I bypass Tulsa completely. Still beats having to go through OKC I guess.

I've been watching it, also from 75 mostly. Every other week I pass by it from Walnut Hill, but the view isn't too much better. They're building some sort of steel structure where I had assumed the superchargers might go. So either that building is related to the superchargers (a rest stop building of some kind?) or the chargers will be built in the lot that is currently used by construction traffic just to the east.

As far as I can tell, all unopened superchargers are listed as having a completion date of end of 2017.

There are many slated for 2017, but I've noticed others that are 'non-critical' on between cities with an existing path (just adding more stops along highways) are undetermined for some future date. For example, some in Arkansas have no date specified since there is already a path to go through Arkansas now with Little Rock open.

I'm not sure about the rest of USA