Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dallas, TX - The Hill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the Treehouse is open! I'll be stopping by later to look around and see if there's anything to see about the supercharger.

Well, the Treehouses are geschlossen todavia. Odd, I have lived in the Dallas area for almost 30 years, but never heard of them until reading this thread.

Eco-friendly home improvement retailer TreeHouse is going out of business

The Supercharger has been rehabbed, and all were working and looking brand new as of Sunday 4-20-2020. There are a number of eateries I've not encountered before within about a100 yard walk. Looks like the whole area got a makeover.

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff Hudson
Hmmm... I have to deal with two calendars. The Company insists on using Sunday as Day 1. I use Monday as Day 1. Musta looked at the wrong calendar. Or I just plain screwed up. I do remember having my al fresco dinner a' la Supercharger from Taco Bueno there on Sunday.

4/20... 420... Hmmm... Memories of yesteryear!

Right now I would give my front seat in Hell to be able to sit down and eat in a restaurant - with knives, forks, non plastic dishes, real glasses, and a waitress. Cute or not. Please - no Politically Correct admonitions...

In any case, the Owner and Operator of the Blue Bunny has her birthday on 4/22 which I know is tomorrow. That date I remember!

There are a few hoity toity restaurants in the shopping center - oh about 100 yards or so to walk. Grab an image from Google Earth.
Frankly, I would just charge up, and head for Goff's or maybe El Fenix or perhaps even Dickey's as a last resort. Head north on 75, there's a Smokey Bones BBQ and a couple of other restaurants in the area of the Micro Center. 2nd exit after you cross 635.
And there IS an IN 'N Out Burger on 635 W of 75. Your Tesla can find it jes' fine.

Reactions: aprendido
The one in Legacy drive is not that convenient if you are travelling across 121. The location of the chargers up a the top level of a multi story parking lot in a busy street makes it less useful. They need one right at 121-75 junction. Or better still, one somewhere in 121 and another one in 75 near Allen/McKinney.

The one in Legacy drive is not that convenient if you are travelling across 121. The location of the chargers up a the top level of a multi story parking lot in a busy street makes it less useful. They need one right at 121-75 junction. Or better still, one somewhere in 121 and another one in 75 near Allen/McKinney.

Next door? It's on a corner, residences to the North, empty lot across 6 lanes to the East, A L O N G walk to any eatery to the East, and 6 lanes across the street to a so-so Tex Mex restaurant. Why would you park at the S/C?
The picture is from before it opened a few months back, but there hasn't been a rush to build eateries next door to the East.
I've charged on the East side every time, right next to the door.
But the charger is so fast, I'm usually done before I finish my lunch. Not been dinged for overstaying my welcome, as there are usually less than half the spaces occupied.

Attachments

• Grapevine supercharger.jpg
    Grapevine supercharger.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 121
Next door? It's on a corner, residences to the North, empty lot across 6 lanes to the East, A L O N G walk to any eatery to the East, and 6 lanes across the street to a so-so Tex Mex restaurant. Why would you park at the S/C?
The picture is from before it opened a few months back, but there hasn't been a rush to build eateries next door to the East.
I've charged on the East side every time, right next to the door.
But the charger is so fast, I'm usually done before I finish my lunch. Not been dinged for overstaying my welcome, as there are usually less than half the spaces occupied.
I’m talking about the N. Dallas uSC…

I’m talking about the N. Dallas uSC…
Ah.

Dallas - The Hill on 75 N (slower Urban Chargers, but I don't see much difference) is a fair walk to some expensive trendy restaurants. And usually crowded during the day. The coffee upstairs isn't too bad. The Doc in the Box next door has a Wall Charger you can use in a pinch, they don't seem to mind.

Dallas - SW corner of the old Dallas High School next to Pearl St DART has 3 Wall Chargers and at least 1 Level II generic charger.
They don't seem to mind if you stop in for a sip. I work across the street, and have used them many times of an evening if I get behind the curve.

Plano - Atop a parking garage seems quite inconvenient, but I haven't tried it.

Arlington - You're far from anything other than a nice view by the lake. Peaceful and quiet of an evening, tho.

Southlake - out at the edge of a parking lot. A fair hike to refreshments.

Ft. Worth - Last I was there, was a BBQ joint nearby, but that's about all. (My first Tesla trip, I had rented a Tesla for the weekend to see if Tesla was for me. First charge was there. Reading the book, eager to learn about the Tesla and - HOLY JESUS! I SMELL SMOKE! I quickly set CONDITION PANIC aboard ship, and bailed out looking for the fire. Then laughed myself silly when I realized there was a BBQ pit nearby).

Grapevine - New, Screaming Fast V3s, 24 hour uber convenience store (Like a pico Buc-EEs). Also a car wash and vacuums. But I think the car wash is spinning brushes. Manager says "Oh it's safe to use on new paint jobs. Hmpf. (Real Men wash their own cars...)

Only the last one has 24 hour restrooms, so be prepared, as it were.

Last edited:
Ah.

Dallas - The Hill on 75 N (slower Urban Chargers, but I don't see much difference) is a fair walk to some expensive trendy restaurants. And usually crowded during the day. The coffee upstairs isn't too bad. The Doc in the Box next door has a Wall Charger you can use in a pinch, they don't seem to mind.

Dallas - SW corner of the old Dallas High School next to Pearl St DART has 3 Wall Chargers and at least 1 Level II generic charger.
They don't seem to mind if you stop in for a sip. I work across the street, and have used them many times of an evening if I get behind the curve.

Plano - Atop a parking garage seems quite inconvenient, but I haven't tried it.

Arlington - You're far from anything other than a nice view by the lake. Peaceful and quiet of an evening, tho.

Southlake - out at the edge of a parking lot. A fair hike to refreshments.

Ft. Worth - Last I was there, was a BBQ joint nearby, but that's about all. (My first Tesla trip, I had rented a Tesla for the weekend to see if Tesla was for me. First charge was there. Reading the book, eager to learn about the Tesla and - HOLY JESUS! I SMELL SMOKE! I quickly set CONDITION PANIC aboard ship, and bailed out looking for the fire. Then laughed myself silly when I realized there was a BBQ pit nearby).

Grapevine - New, Screaming Fast V3s, 24 hour uber convenience store (Like a pico Buc-EEs). Also a car wash and vacuums. But I think the car wash is spinning brushes. Manager says "Oh it's safe to use on new paint jobs. Hmpf. (Real Men wash their own cars...)

Only the last one has 24 hour restrooms, so be prepared, as it were.
FYI: The Plano Urban SC is very convenient. It is at the top of the garage, but they have an elevator which you can get to a restaurant to eat within 5min / 300ft.

Reactions: ElectricIAC