Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dallas, TX - The Hill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

geoffreak

Driving My Model 3
Dec 1, 2015
Dallas, TX
So from the map of 2017 supercharger stations, there appears to be one located in Dallas. Anyone have ideas as to where this might end up being located?

My thoughts of possible locations are:
  • NorthPark - There are Superchargers at malls in other locations and it would be right next to the gallery. It would be very high profile and could drive a awareness of Tesla at a heavily trafficked location. ICE-ing could be a huge problem though. This could be in the basement of the garage where the destination chargers are located already, or in of one of the above-ground lots. The 2017 map also points to a charger being located in Fort Worth, which only has a gallery, so they could be targeting galleries to have Superchargers.
  • Cedar Springs service center - There are Superchargers at other service centers, including Houston, so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary. The close proximity to 35/183 could be beneficial for travellers. This wouldn't have the visibility of a North Park location, but wouldn't have any risk of ICE-ing.
Wherever the Supercharger ends up being located, it will be a great benefit to those of us living in Dallas who (will) need a quick fill up before/after a trip, or just when we have a lot of driving around town.

There is one scheduled to be built in Arlington, Texas at the Ballpark:

Supercharger - Arlington, TX

Unfortunately, you can't zoom in on that map and pinpoint the location!

Right now, anywhere could be a possibility!

Actually it will be at the parking lot at the Arlington Convention Center. From the pavement paint marking it looks like it will be at the western side of the handicapped parking spots right next to the building. We (people that have commented on the Arlington thread) wish they wouldn't put them at such a prime parking spot because they would be frequently ICE'd but since no ground has been broken yet anything is possible. We (again) wish they would put the supercharger at the back of the parking lot, along with a row of Level 2 chargers for people that want to charge at a ballgame. We'll see I guess.

Cedar Springs service center - There are Superchargers at other service centers, including Houston, so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary. The close proximity to 35/183 could be beneficial for travellers. This wouldn't have the visibility of a North Park location, but wouldn't have any risk of ICE-ing.

I am surprised that they do not have any superchargers here already if they don't!

How do they charge the cars for testing and servicing?

Arlington is the proposed public site. There is one (maybe more) at the Cedar Springs service center too (per a discussion I had with one of the folks there), but it is not for public use. I believe it is inside the service area somewhere. Frankly, I don't think they can keep up with charging the cars they are servicing as it is. Mine was not recharged while it was there last. No big deal as I only live 25 miles away or so, but still...

Arlington is the proposed public site. There is one (maybe more) at the Cedar Springs service center too (per a discussion I had with one of the folks there), but it is not for public use. I believe it is inside the service area somewhere. Frankly, I don't think they can keep up with charging the cars they are servicing as it is. Mine was not recharged while it was there last. No big deal as I only live 25 miles away or so, but still...

The Arlington location is different from the proposed Dallas location. Take a look at the map linked in the first post and you can clearly see 3 superchargers directly inside of DFW. There will be Ft. Worth, Arlington, and Dallas locations.

The Arlington location is different from the proposed Dallas location. Take a look at the map linked in the first post and you can clearly see 3 superchargers directly inside of DFW. There will be Ft. Worth, Arlington, and Dallas locations.

I have to admit, the idea of "destination" supercharging closes the one aggravating gap in charging while traveling. More explicitly, having to stay at certain hotels, etc. in order to charge overnight and be able to drive around in your destination city before you hit the road back home. We have only taken a couple of short (200 mile round trip) out of town jaunts in the Tesla, but both were to Sulphur Springs (which has a supercharger).

Would love to see them put them in Austin and San Antonio and per the 2017 map, they look to be doing just that. Nice catch.

Last edited:
Reactions: geoffreak
Treehouse - Corner of Walnut Hill Lane and N. Central Expressway

"Tesla is opening a Supercharger station, the only one inside the city of Dallas, next to Houndstooth and TreeHouse's outdoor living display area. Tesla's Superchargers, which are mostly located on major highways for long-distance travelers, recharge its electric car models in minutes rather than hours."

"The electric car maker's recharging stations are mostly located along major highways for long distance travelers. The first one inside Dallas-Fort Worth will open this summer at the TreeHouse store on the northeast corner of Walnut Hill Lane and N. Central Expressway."

Interesting. My wife works right there. That is pretty easy to get on/off from 75. Supposedly that entire shopping area is going to be redone to kind of match what's on the other side of Central where Trader Joe's is.

• Informative
Reactions: bollar
I got the pictures of the location. imgur album here

Looking north in the shopping center. Can you spot the Tesla?
0vEbs4A.jpg

Spinning clockwise to see more of this shopping center. Not sure exactly where the TreeHouse will go.
CnQOk2o.jpg

Red Hot & Blue getting a makeover on the right. Mainly small businesses here.
2CxLY6W.jpg

More of Red Hot & Blue makeover. The Preston Hollow emergency room in the background has a destination charger.
Nyewj7r.jpg

There are lots of very expensive cars using on street parking in the Uptown area nearby. Some of those condo and apartment dwellers could be buying Teslas now that they will have a place to charge. Remember they'll be paying for the electricity now.

Eventually people will listen when we tell them Tesla is changing the "Superchargers only for long-distance travel" model by their actions, if not their words.

Reactions: bollar