TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Dallas, TX

Discussion in 'Texas Supercharger locations' started by geoffreak, Dec 17, 2016.

1. reese9879

reese9879 Member

#221 reese9879, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    I was leaving a late movie and noticed that new LED lighting was on and the wrapping was off the chargers. Plugged it in, and a charge.

Checked the thread earlier today with no updates -- only to have 3 updates soon after I checked saying it live. Really wished my email alerts would work properly.

Glad It has finally opened. I really thought it wouldn't be until May before it would be live.

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  2. gmorgan88

gmorgan88 Member

Are these showing up on the list now?

3. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

Yup. It’s listed in the Southlake thread :)

4. hyperlite1

hyperlite1 Member

E17CBEBC-23D2-462A-9E53-45066B5C0797.jpeg Getting full 72kw charge rate. As high as 245 mi/hr.

• Like x 1
  5. nwfan

nwfan Member

F91C6130-E169-4DFC-82B1-36540D52AD04.jpeg EF226E4B-CB82-46F1-86F1-DC5499D7500D.jpeg

Here’s a photo of the new trash can at Plano Supercharger. Thanks Mr. Bollar. And getting full charge. Wishlist, build more Urban Chargers. Higher charge rate when your at 70 percent. Does share load with pair charger. Way to go Tesla.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. nwfan

nwfan Member

Mean to write the urban chargers are independent of each other. Full charge at each station regardless who parks next to you.

• Helpful x 1
  7. nwfan

nwfan Member

A04F6FBE-8DB2-42D7-8278-C73FB1EF562C.jpeg Supercharger at Walnut Hill has 11 chargers. Not as roomy as Southlake or Plano. Here I am fueling up this morning with electrons.

• Like x 2
  8. Electroman

Electroman Well-Known Member

did you select premium electrons? the regular tends to clog the battery and motor.

• Funny x 4
  9. Spswa

Spswa Member

Glad it’s up & running! Headed to Dallas now & it’s still not showing up on the GPS. Assume there’s a lag time for Tesla to get it on the map.

10. LCR1

LCR1 Active Member

I'll be headed up there this weekend. I think.

11. SP_H

SP_H Member

Has anyone with M3 charge in Dallas location yet? I usually see model S charged there. Hoping to see a M3 “in the wild”

12. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

I just drove across the country and back (literally hit over 40 states and 3 provinces) and the farthest east that I saw a Model 3 was at the Indepence, Missouri supercharger which is near Kansas City. Definitely see them much more frequently in CA and neighboring states than you do back east.

• Like x 1
  13. SP_H

SP_H Member

Oh man, hoping to see one since this new charger is here. But it’s nice to see Model S and X charge there too.
    For this location do you guys have be customers in the vicinity?

14. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

You’re thinking of destination charging (HPWCs) where you usually have to be a patron of the destination. All public superchargers are available to all Teslas.

15. Trevorsatt

Trevorsatt Brown Model S

I went by the Dallas service center the other day and there were a lot of M3s there. I think I saw one of every color. A must see if you’re in the market for one!

• Like x 1
  16. SP_H

SP_H Member

Hahaha I will, thanks!!

17. Electroman

Electroman Well-Known Member

One of them is mine.. picking up this evening..

• Like x 4