Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dallas, TX - The Hill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, so my visit was successful! I have found out that while there is no signs of any Supercharger construction, Treehouse has been told by Tesla that the Supercharger will be built this summer. They are waiting on the two buildings in the same lot to finish first. One of the buildings will be a coffeeshop (just west of Treehouse) and I forget what the other will be. For amenities other than the coffee shop, I'm told there will be about a dozen restaurants in that shopping center. They are completely remodeling everything there in phases, so they have just begun construction of the second phase, which is the stuff just east of the Treehouse.

Here's my hastily mocked-up layout of everything
6e1ZJcU.png

Arrival panorama, looking north-ish
Hw7ZtrF.jpg

Arrival panorama, looking south-ish
L193pxW.jpg

Treehouse Entrance
OIQPW5R.jpg

Live stats from the Treehouse solar system. The Powerpack (with two battery packs and one inverter) is behind the glass but I forgot to get a picture.
TC5aX7j.jpg

Treehouse's Powerwall display. I think one will be coming eventually.
D3qjgHL.jpg

More information about the Powerwall. Couldn't get a head-on shot as there were people standing in front and talking.
MHEqt7Y.jpg

I forget what this is supposed to be, but it's on the south side of the Treehouse, across the parking lot. I'm standing by the Treehouse entrance.
OS5Im4q.jpg

This is going to be a coffee shop.
3k37kNl.jpg

Panorama from by the coffeeshop
Kbw58FQ.jpg

Panorama from by the coffeeshop, part 2
CKXoW4D.jpg

Any guesses where the Grapevine charger may be going?
No idea, but it's fun to guess. Assuming it's along 114:

- Grapevine Mills (already has CHAdeMO, SAE and J1772 charging).
- Grapevine Towne Center (at the Target; close to the 121 split).
- Southlake Town Square (Tesla Gallery, Tesla Destination Charging and J1772 charging).

I don't think there's a Grapevine location down 121 that makes sense, aside from the Target at Glade Rd.

I hope you're right because I'm less than a mile from there. There will be a Southlake town square gallery, wonder if it'll open along with that. With the number of teslas in this area, they're going to need 10 stalls at least.

I hope you're right because I'm less than a mile from there. There will be a Southlake town square gallery, wonder if it'll open along with that. With the number of teslas in this area, they're going to need 10 stalls at least.
The Gallery is currently under buildout, so it could be open within two months or so. All electric car charging in Southlake requires a Specific Use Permit (trip to Planning & Zoning, plus two visits to City Council). If Supercharging comes to Southlake, you'll see it on the P&Z agenda first.

It has to be Southlake Town Square (Tesla Gallery, Tesla Destination Charging and J1772 charging).
A) bookstore; B) Apple store; C) Starbucks... kind of a trifecta... Of course, space and $$$ can be factors that would defeat this plan.
I hope you're right. STS also has loads of dining at all price levels, a Hilton and a movie theater. It seems like the perfect "long stop" for road tripping Teslas needing a break from Holiday Inn Express, Truck Stops & Collin Street Bakeries.

I'm still passing by almost every day looking for the supercharger crates. They're still working on the exterior of the coffeehouse and I'm not expecting the build to start until the coffeehouses are done.

The emergency center shown in the picture above has a HPWC though, so you could use that for now.

Drove by when I was in Dallas this past weekend and didn't see much going on either. I hear that Preston Hollow ER is very cool about us coming to charge our cars on the HPWCs.

By the way, has anyone had much experience charging at Hyatt House in Frisco? Is there really only 1 HPWC? Only one person commented on plugshare about it--just wondering!