Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dallas, TX - The Hill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just FYI. The Treehouse location is no longer on Tesla's supercharger map:

Find Us | Tesla

Edit: That location has now been relegated to a destination charger now.

It still shows as a supercharger for me. Are you sure you aren't mixing up the colors of "coming soon" superchargers and destination chargers? Also, the pin for the Treehouse supercharger is actually placed over downtown at the moment.

There's already a destination charger at the emergency room next to Treehouse.

It's probably worth turning our attention to the planned Supercharger in Plano on Ave K and 15th street.

The supercharger pins are placed in the "downtown" of the city they will end up being in, not where they will actually be. I suspect the Plano one might end up being over in the Legacy area.

• Informative
Reactions: bollar
I saw they removed the netting off the construction fence, so I decided to grab some fresh shots:

m1qJHou.jpg

sZ84uEd.jpg

IVtJvGV.jpg

kVHZ7EO.jpg

58GBC42.jpg

L910pck.jpg

XuULKGd.jpg

CNXlB1b.jpg

2iPE9Sf.jpg

BSc1Ipj.jpg

r0JWBEp.jpg

AItSDey.jpg

IkdONK0.jpg

aoYdYWK.jpg

jFK6UYv.jpg

XZa5aiM.jpg

KDuES3N.jpg

HLNerU3.jpg

LoTHhRR.jpg

KJ4ZQ7v.jpg

HiOL88j.jpg

n6qHvCm.jpg

3oBI8s2.jpg

KEMOIp1.jpg

k1p6mGM.jpg

Bonus Model S charging at destination charger:
GDjG6YW.jpg

It turns out I have been inadvertently posting updates every Thursday, so here's today's update:

The fence is gone, but the parking lot is still coned off. The construction appears to be mostly completed on the coffee house, with some finishing touches being put on. No sign of any Supercharger still.

rdhK0r8.jpg

Rgt9Fvi.jpg

WBRp0px.jpg

RzwHxtt.jpg

3t2NJI3.jpg

RF4PBq4.jpg

6arlqJL.jpg

VM8vROu.jpg

spyGOnx.jpg

4xLZqjJ.jpg

Reactions: Boourns and CarlS
Not too many photos this week. The road was blocked by the coffee house as they were pouring concrete. I saw some poles that were put into the parking spots where I thought the supercharger was going originally, so that's what's in the 3rd picture.

Bwz2Gn2.jpg

arICkYt.jpg

CL6hv7N.jpg

l3jOt95.jpg

Reactions: CarlS
No action at this site, so I haven't posted any updates. Some trees going in around the coffee house, but that's about it.

I can't help but wonder if Tesla is going to be doing urban chargers in cities where they previously planned superchargers...

Any updates on a Dallas Supercharger? We just purchased a Model X and had some range anxiety issues after visiting my in-laws in Lewisville/Castle Hills area. We tried to hit the NorthPark chargers, but all were in use. Ended up charging about 30 minutes at the Preston Hollow ER location, but was not ideal. Got enough to make it to Lindale Supercharger, but driving 60 MPH on IH-20 between Dallas and Tyler is not fun. Now my wife is unsure about visiting her parents in the future. An urban supercharger in the Legacy West area would be great for her. Can't imagine why Buccee's in Terrell wouldn't partner with Tesla for installation there.

Any updates on a Dallas Supercharger? We just purchased a Model X and had some range anxiety issues after visiting my in-laws in Lewisville/Castle Hills area. We tried to hit the NorthPark chargers, but all were in use. Ended up charging about 30 minutes at the Preston Hollow ER location, but was not ideal. Got enough to make it to Lindale Supercharger, but driving 60 MPH on IH-20 between Dallas and Tyler is not fun. Now my wife is unsure about visiting her parents in the future. An urban supercharger in the Legacy West area would be great for her. Can't imagine why Buccee's in Terrell wouldn't partner with Tesla for installation there.
Hold on, are you saying it will be challenging to visit your inlaws... just sayin'

Still watching. No supercharger :(

You might benefit from a CHAdeMO adapter. There are CHAdeMO chargers all over Dallas and you could add 75 miles in 30 minutes. You’d need an EVgo account.

Hold on, are you saying it will be challenging to visit your inlaws... just sayin'

LOL - They're not bad and always scope out the good restaurants for us to visit when we are there.

Bubba - I'll look into the CHAdeMO adapter. Saw they have a fast DC charger somewhere along the Garland / Mesquite 635 corridor, I think at a Cracker Barrel. Was hoping to avoid another $500 expense, but could come in handy.

We were planning a roadtrip to California in December, but this little scare has my wife nervous about future travel. Hopefully the next month might change her opinion on that.

While not necessarily a directly route, you can always supercharge in arlington, its not too much farther out of your way, or you can make it to sulphur springs and do another "L" route. There are a few level 2 chargers in the lewisville area (but more towards plano west) that you could jack into while you go eat with your in-laws and spend time there.

Beyond that a CHAdeMO adapter would suit your needs. There are public QCs on beltline and 20 (just east of 635) at the shell, one at the cracker barrel on 635 in mesquite, another on beltline and the DNT in addison, and another in coppell at the walgreens at denton tap and Sam Rayburn tollway. There are quite a few others but those seem more directly on your route.

A final option would be to pick restaurants that have chargers. We did this quite a bit when we owned a nissan leaf and it introduced us to many new places. Unfortunately, sometimes those chargers get ICED, but if you are going to fun restaurants, this is another idea to throw in the bag.