Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dallas, TX - The Hill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. Still no sign of any Tesla-related construction.

I've been thinking this is one of many superchargers that got put off during the Model 3 cash crunch, so it might be a few more months before everything stabilizes and we see movement.

As for the building construction at this location, it seems that all the buildings immediately surrounding the supposed location are complete and construction has moved eastward along the strip.

I would think it is still planned for the Treehouse location. They are a large Tesla retailer on the power side of the house and othey are a Tesla customer for solar and battery themselves. They are Dallas' first energy positive building and doing it with the Tesla technology.

I would think it is still planned for the Treehouse location. They are a large Tesla retailer on the power side of the house and othey are a Tesla customer for solar and battery themselves. They are Dallas' first energy positive building and doing it with the Tesla technology.

Did we ever find any evidence, other than the one Dallas Morning News article, that it is actually planned for this location? Still no permit, right?

(Not saying you are wrong; I agree it makes most sense there.)

Did we ever find any evidence, other than the one Dallas Morning News article, that it is actually planned for this location? Still no permit, right?

(Not saying you are wrong; I agree it makes most sense there.)

I spoke with an employee at Treehouse to find out when it was supposed to be constructed and he had said "Tesla told us end of summer". Another poster had also called in about the Supercharger to confirm the location. This made it seem that Treehouse was knew that a Supercharger was on the way.

Whether or not this is still the case is a different story. Anyone want to call Treehouse and ask?

I drove by the location today and the lot is fenced off again. It had been unfenced for the past few months and open to the public. Today, there was a backhoe and several workers inside the fence digging in the dirt. I drove by too quickly to get a good look for obvious signs like supercharger crates though, so I'll have to stop by again tomorrow or Monday. Hopefully they aren't fencing the whole thing off just for some tree planting.

Last edited:
Looks like only half the lot is blocked off. I saw a lot of what appears to be underground tubing and a trench dug through that section of the parking lot. Nothing conclusive yet.

Pictures 8 and 9 are the building to the south of the Treehouse and the coffee shop referenced in prior posts, respectively.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    707.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    594.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    680.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    856.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    797.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    841.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    754.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    654.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    628.2 KB · Views: 107
I don’t pretend to know what a supercharger buildout looks like, but if I had to guess, it’d be something like those pictures.

It’d be awesome if this comes to fruition, as the 3-4 mph overnight charging I get in my garage occasionally comes up short if on the back of a long trip.

Supercharger crates have arrived! This construction is the real deal! This is not a drill! I repeat! This is not a drill!

I saw the crates from up on the freeway, so I turned around at the next exit to get pictures.

I saw 6 Tesla crates and workers working on the northern end of the lot on what appears to be where the electrical equipment will go. They were assembling what I'm assuming to be framing for the concrete. They were much too busy to be bothered by my presence, so I didn't bug them with any questions.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    777.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    693 KB · Views: 95
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    639.1 KB · Views: 116