Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Daly City, CA (LIVE 5 Oct 2018, 40 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Omgggg. I was there last week and it still looked like all the wiring had to be done even though the stalls were up. So exciting! That was super fast and unexpected. You’ll see me there a lot! Midnight silver with Aeros! Come say hi if you see me there and you just might be on the everythingtesla instagram story!

Reactions: DSDS
I can't wait for this to open. Just got my TM3 yesterday and this is 15 mins from home and on the way to/from work. Work charger is free but only charges 22mi/hr. No charger in apartment complex.

Wow!! You must have a long commute if free charging at work of 22 miles/hr during your 8 hour day gets you 176 miles and it's not enough.

oh wow..

Attachments

• 2975707A-3B66-443C-ACCC-2545404C7BA9.jpeg
    2975707A-3B66-443C-ACCC-2545404C7BA9.jpeg
    538.1 KB · Views: 193
  • Love
Reactions: wyldtek and Acps110
Wow!! You must have a long commute if free charging at work of 22 miles/hr during your 8 hour day gets you 176 miles and it's not enough.
Commute distance aside, if there's a very limited number of chargers at his work location and there are other (non-Tesla) EVs there, it may be courteous for him to use the new Tesla Supercharger that's conveniently only 15 minutes away from his apartment so that others have the option to recharge at work.

Omgggg. I was there last week and it still looked like all the wiring had to be done even though the stalls were up. So exciting! That was super fast and unexpected. You’ll see me there a lot! Midnight silver with Aeros! Come say hi if you see me there and you just might be on the everythingtesla instagram story!

Same here, my workplace @Stanford has a lot of L2 chargers in different parking structure but there are a lot of EVs and the charging slots function as parking spots as well. So most people charge until 4 or 5pm and leave home. There is one big bonus, after 4pm they drop the rate to 50ct/h @ ~6KW/h which is basically half my off peak rate @ home where I only have a 110V.

So see you soon @ SC-DC (M3 silver/aero)...

Commute distance aside, if there's a very limited number of chargers at his work location and there are other (non-Tesla) EVs there, it may be courteous for him to use the new Tesla Supercharger that's conveniently only 15 minutes away from his apartment so that others have the option to recharge at work.

Actually I never said work charging isn't enough, just takes awhile. Funny enough what usually happens is people with EVs usually have the leaf/volt/i3 and they usually get there super early to fight for a spot (there are maybe 25 EVs and 8x level 2 chargers). By the time I roll around at 9-11 am they are all fully charged and have moved out of the spots. I then just charge there all day, like 5-6 hours.

This supercharger is critical for me because (1) if I have to leave work early and can't charge 5-6 hours, (2) I work from home every other day, (3) sometimes I have to drive around the bay area for work, (4) allows me to top off if I need to go on a longer trip, and (5) sometimes I just like to floor it :p

Generally speaking having a supercharger close to home also means I can charge to lower SOC (70-80%) and not degrade the battery as much if I had to charge to 90-100%. I usually lose 50 miles just driving home.

In practice, companies may offer free charging for the first 2-4 hours, then impose a hefty fee for prolonged charging in order to encourage drivers to move their car so more employees can use the charging stations.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
It gets hard when you run out of fingers and toes. Might need to use a partner.
If they're numbered, you can use the numbers on the stalls to fill in a piece of paper with the numbers you find, then reconcile by making sure you have an exact record of the numbers on the paper exactly as sighted. Then, you can go back and put a sequential counting number by each reconciled code and come to a conclusion about exactly how many chargers there are. (I'm not joking, kidding, jabbing, or making fun of anybody; I used to do accounting, and this is one of the methods I used to be exact.)

Also, look around for a nearby handicapped spot with another SuperCharger at it. Check in more "handicapped accessible" locations, and also follow conduits, especially errant ones (that spider from the most likely place, i.e., a dual-numbered paired stall inverter box without its pairing partner numbered pedestal found yet). Although, it would be odd to have 40 with only one of them handicapped.

• Funny
Reactions: PLUS EV and Russell
If they're numbered, you can use the numbers on the stalls to fill in a piece of paper with the numbers you find, then reconcile by making sure you have an exact record of the numbers on the paper exactly as sighted. Then, you can go back and put a sequential counting number by each reconciled code and come to a conclusion about exactly how many chargers there are. (I'm not joking, kidding, jabbing, or making fun of anybody; I used to do accounting, and this is one of the methods I used to be exact.)

Also, look around for a nearby handicapped spot with another SuperCharger at it. Check in more "handicapped accessible" locations, and also follow conduits, especially errant ones (that spider from the most likely place, i.e., a dual-numbered paired stall inverter box without its pairing partner numbered pedestal found yet). Although, it would be odd to have 40 with only one of them handicapped.

Actually none of them are handicapped when I walked around. Not sure how they got around the law.

Actually none of them are handicapped when I walked around. Not sure how they got around the law.

Maybe there are enough handicapped-accessible parking spaces on other levels of the garage so that this wasn't required?

I was just there this afternoon for the first time...I thought the stall count question was settled otherwise I would have counted too. :)

Bruce.