Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Daly City, CA (LIVE 5 Oct 2018, 40 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe there are enough handicapped-accessible parking spaces on other levels of the garage so that this wasn't required?

I was just there this afternoon for the first time...I thought the stall count question was settled otherwise I would have counted too. :)

Bruce.

I'm no expert but I thought the new requirements was specific to EV chargers. I recall reading somewhere that if you had X number of EV sports, Y number of them had to be handicap accessible or designated. Either way, more for us!

DD472435-321F-4DB8-9434-9FED4F45043C.jpeg

4B325715-F541-4B05-87A2-205C12694B81.jpeg

Saw this in the car this morning (late to the party, I was at Kings Canyon) and could not help but think: “Holly Mother of Dog!”
Solid move to have that many Urban Superchargers there, close to the City. Man are those businesses going to benefit!

Also, what is the over/under on the first time it will be full? Am thinking Thanksgiving. Or this weekend...

Attachments

• A544D77A-BCF7-4C3A-BA96-E6A2FBC96986.jpeg
    A544D77A-BCF7-4C3A-BA96-E6A2FBC96986.jpeg
    415.8 KB · Views: 66
This SuperCharger quite literally fixes the past problem that a low-range Tesla owner would have difficulty going to an appointment in San Francisco from three counties away from the South; what should only be a 90 minute to two hour drive (from work to appointment, the appointment, then from appointment to home) became that plus a long one hour wait in line at a SuperCharger at San Mateo or Mountain View, or the use of a Chademo adapter for a similar amount of time while shopping, turning what should be an afternoon appointment into a whole evening affair. I used to have that exact problem. Tesla attempted to solve that problem as well as many other SuperCharging issues by installing many additional SuperChargers in the South Bay: San Mateo East (Bridgepoint), San Carlos, East Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, San Jose Coleman, and Los Gatos, but this one in Daly City just takes that long line of incremental SuperChargers and smashes the rest of that problem with a whopper 40 rooftop SuperChargers. Problem solved! I want to acknowledge that, since this problem was an embarassment for years before 2018.

Fact is, all the places I used to go to in San Francisco I no longer frequent, since they either expanded branches closer to my work and home, or I found other ways to do them, or I no longer have any interest, and I'm currently between Tesla cars. So, this is all a different era, where I don't have those needs any more. I can't remember the last time I went up to San Francisco. Just as well, in my opinion. But, in case San Francisco ever becomes a destination for anybody in the future, then this rooftop SuperCharger as part of a system of SuperChargers all up and down the peninsula will serve them very well.

It also works well for San Francisco apartment-dweller residents who have no fast (or even slow) way to charge.
This is great for us in the Mission District patiently waiting on the 4 Superchargers promised last year for SF --
no need to drive to San Mateo any longer.

Separately, I have a query out to Tesla on whether they subscribe to the Green-e certified 100% renewable electricity
offered in most (if not all) SF Bay Area nine counties. For residential customers, it's only 1-1.5 cents extra per kWh.
Not only would it be better for the planet, but it would be good PR for them, as other big businesses like Salesforce
already do this. If Tesla doesn't already have this built-in, most Tesla drivers would gladly pay a one penny surcharge.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiver
It also works well for San Francisco apartment-dweller residents who have no fast (or even slow) way to charge.
This is great for us in the Mission District patiently waiting on the 4 Superchargers promised last year for SF --
no need to drive to San Mateo any longer.

Separately, I have a query out to Tesla on whether they subscribe to the Green-e certified 100% renewable electricity
offered in most (if not all) SF Bay Area nine counties. For residential customers, it's only 1-1.5 cents extra per kWh.
Not only would it be better for the planet, but it would be good PR for them, as other big businesses like Salesforce
already do this. If Tesla doesn't already have this built-in, most Tesla drivers would gladly pay a one penny surcharge.

At a minimum, I'm sure they're on a renewable energy PPA. They can also just build solar farms themselves.

Hi Everyone, I recently noticed the amount of trash that some people have been dumping here on the ground. Tesla owners who use this Daly City supercharger location throw their trash out the window or leave their food and other junk from late-night In & Out meals on the ground..tossed around and making a mess of the place. It was not an "isolated event" I went back on 2 separate occasions to find beer, soda cans and fast food trash littering the place.

I decided to reach out to the representative owner of the mall, (Regency) and they in turn worked it out with Tesla who provided 2 garbage cans for the roof top supercharging area. Both Regency and Tesla acted quickly and I applaud them.

Small victory! :)

I highly encourage Tesla owners who use this supercharging location to start using the 2 garbage cans that are now in place there.

Please inform others so Tesla owners won't be given a black eye by the public and be mistaken for BMW owners. We are better than that. I hope.

Cheers,

Rich

IMG_1568 (1) (1).jpg
IMG_1569 (1) (1).jpg
IMG_1570 (1) (1).jpg
IMG_1571 (1) (1).jpg

Hi Everyone, I recently noticed the amount of trash that some people have been dumping here on the ground. Tesla owners who use this Daly City supercharger location throw their trash out the window or leave their food and other junk from late-night In & Out meals on the ground..tossed around and making a mess of the place. It was not an "isolated event" I went back on 2 separate occasions to find beer, soda cans and fast food trash littering the place.

I decided to reach out to the representative owner of the mall, (Regency) and they in turn worked it out with Tesla who provided 2 garbage cans for the roof top supercharging area. Both Regency and Tesla acted quickly and I applaud them.

Small victory! :)

I highly encourage Tesla owners who use this supercharging location to start using the 2 garbage cans that are now in place there.

Please inform others so Tesla owners won't be given a black eye by the public and be mistaken for BMW owners. We are better than that. I hope.

Cheers,

Rich

View attachment 357048 View attachment 357049 View attachment 357050 View attachment 357051
Same people who leave their grocery carts beside the car and drive away instead of walking a couple hundred feet and placing them in the cart bins. Thanks for taking the initiative and looking after this issue.

At a minimum, I'm sure they're on a renewable energy PPA. They can also just build solar farms themselves.
Multiple queries by phone and/or email have yielded absolutely no information from Tesla about PPAs for Superchargers
in the 9 Bay Area counties (> 7 million residents) . I've learned that Tesla is like this,
with other questions/snafus involved referrals and even simple Tesla Shop Qs gone unanswered.
Specific to the Daly City, CA 40-Supercharger locale, a 40 x 75 kW = 3 mW solar rooftop (or less with batts) requirement
might be a little challenging to service this location.

Otherwise this location is filling up nicely, perhaps with other carpetbaggers from Frisco like me,
at least until they iron out the notorious sloth of the San Francisco permits process.