Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Daly City, CA (LIVE 5 Oct 2018, 40 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is exciting news.

It appears construction has started on a charging station on the fifth floor of the parking garage located west of Macy’s and south of Firestone in the Serramonte Center. There are already a few J-1772 Volta branded charging stations on the ground floor. I was able to verbally confirm with the electricians that these would be Tesla chargers, but they were unclear if these would be Superchargers or Urban Chargers. The chargers are to be located closest to Callan Blvd., per the electricians, and construction to be completed by end of Aug/ early September.

I was unable to find a permit with Daly City. The current Project List for the city is from September 2017.

I'm relatively new to the community, but the hardware appears to be consistent with what I have seen on other posts. I’ve attached some photos taken this morning for the group to check out.

Hopefully we can rely on what the electrician said about these being Tesla chargers.

IMG_4355.JPG IMG_4352.JPG IMG_4353.JPG IMG_4354.JPG IMG_4356.JPG

I believe they are paired to one 150kw unit, thus exceeding the allowed 72kw per charger. 120kw superchargers are 135kw units for two chargers, that is why the lower charge rate if one plugs in second
The backends for both urban and normal superchargers are identical minus the load-sharing hardware for normal ones. I don't know why you see "135kW" listed these days, all the cabinets are 145kW. Urban's just do a clean split (Slightly easier and cheaper to wire).