Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Danvers, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
A new 12 stall supercharger is coming to Danvers the shopping center located at 301 Newbury St (Route 1), Danvers, MA 01923. This shopping center has a Stop & Shop supermarket and a Texas Roadhouse restaurant. A new Starbucks is also being built about 100 feet from the proposed site.

Tesla came before the zoning board of appeals on June 27th for a public hearing. (Recording of presentation). Approval granted! Planning board approval is not required - so next step would be building permits.

ZBA/301 NEWBURY ST. LEGAL NOTICE TOWN OF DANVERS ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS Notice is hereby given that the ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS of the TOWN OF DANVERS will hold a public hearing at the SENIOR CENTER, 25 STONE ST., DANVERS, MA on JUNE 27, 2022 at 7:00 P.M. to hear the following application: 301 NEWBURY STREET (HCZ) Requesting a Dimensional Variance from Table 3 of the Danvers Zoning Bylaw to allow various equipment associated with an electric vehicle charging station, to have a setback of 1' off Newbury Street, where 25' is required. Request made by Tesla Inc c/o Dewberry Engineers, Inc. (22-4981)

Proposed location:
1657740109976.png

@tes-s @corywright

Danvers, MA

Host Type: Mall
Host: Danvers Plaza
Along Primary Interstates: I-95
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-1
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-95

To: Seabrook, NH - 23.3 miles
Diversion: -0.6 miles (suggested northbound route to the Supercharger uses US-1 for 4-5 miles)
To: Kennebunk, ME - 63.3 miles

US-1

To: Seabrook, NH - 23.1 miles
Diversion: 0.2 miles
To: Saco, ME - 73.9 miles

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
This is great!

Tesla appears to have updated their own Supercharger map for Q3, since projects like Burlington that just a couple days ago were still marked "Target opening in Q2 2022" now say "Target opening in Q3 2022". Interesting that Danvers and Palmer are not yet listed on Find Us | Tesla and no new pending locations in New England showed up on the Q3 update to their public Supercharger map.

I'm not certain but I think those date changes have been there for a while (but I could be mistaken). Gloucester is still showing 2023.

Tesla has not been very good about adding sites to the FindUs map in a while - not sure why. There are lots of sites under development in the region not showing there (supercharge.info)

I know of as last week Burlington MA and San Ysidro, CA both still said "Q2" on Tesla site because I remember thinking "We're a week into Q3 already, so clearly this isn't up to date." Both those locations now say Q3.

I agree Gloucester should be done sooner than the Tesla site estimates based on progress there recently.

Supercharge.info > Tesla.com/FindUs

Building permit application in progress... Here are a few pages of the site plan.

What I found interesting is that within the plan there are now illustrations of "alternative tesla supercharger posts" which would appear to be the V4 design. They weigh 200 lbs vs. the V3 posts being 140 lbs. The supercharger cabinet page just shows a V3 cabinet. We have no reason to expect this to be a V4 build - I think Tesla is just evolving the standard plan sheets to include V4 equipment.

1658250154902.png

1658250212508.png

1658250350917.png

Nice V4 find! I suspect they went with tall/narrow and outside cable coil to get a longer cable to better support non-Tesla CCS charging (easier to get to both sides). Notice that the cable is in the opposite direction from V3? Also, it's hard to tell, but it looks like the handle is different in the render. Native CCS with adapter for Tesla, perhaps?

Nice V4 find! I suspect they went with tall/narrow and outside cable coil to get a longer cable to better support non-Tesla CCS charging (easier to get to both sides). Notice that the cable is in the opposite direction from V3? Also, it's hard to tell, but it looks like the handle is different in the render. Native CCS with adapter for Tesla, perhaps?
It shows”Tesla Supercharger Handle”

Attachments

• 70F665B6-F36E-45D0-9127-B948F0C92DFE.jpeg
    70F665B6-F36E-45D0-9127-B948F0C92DFE.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 357
The power rating into all 3 supercharger is the same!? Is this really v4? Isn’t v4 supposed to have higher power outputs?

Note the diagram showing all 600a ac power to the supercharger panel from the I-line panel.

Attachments

• 8E60E8CC-8A70-4534-94F3-05A9C982FB4B.jpeg
    8E60E8CC-8A70-4534-94F3-05A9C982FB4B.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 157
Minor update: the electrical permit has been submitted (8/2/22), still pending approval.
Guess I'm not the only one watching :) Noticed, but didn't think it was super important to report as it's just a companion permit to the one already pulled. But it is one more step on the path to construction start. Guess is sometime this fall at the earliest.

Guess I'm not the only one watching :) Noticed, but didn't think it was super important to report as it's just a companion permit to the one already pulled. But it is one more step on the path to construction start. Guess is sometime this fall at the earliest.
haha, in my town so it's caught my attention more than others... though I'll never need to use it :p. Also, they did mention in that zoning board hearing that they're goal is to be in and out even before the Starbucks breaks ground so my bet is on the fall too. Did I pass you on 62 near that location yesterday? Definitely saw a VERY similar MSM Plaid. I think it had a red or red accented T badge on the hood.

Reactions: chjch
haha, in my town so it's caught my attention more than others... though I'll never need to use it :p. Also, they did mention in that zoning board hearing that they're goal is to be in and out even before the Starbucks breaks ground so my bet is on the fall too. Did I pass you on 62 near that location yesterday? Definitely saw a VERY similar MSM Plaid. I think it had a red or red accented T badge on the hood.
Not me - been home for 2 weeks fighting/recovering from "the bug". Finally negative.

@bvtechie I’d like to see where they plan to locate the Starbuck’s on the property. The site location is already tight with the roadway behind it.

After watching the recorded board of appeals meeting, I wanted to smack the woman on the Right. “ l’m concerned about all the Transient people coming into that location “ you must be really concerned about all those transients stopping at Gas Stations 24/7 too. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I also couldn’t believe how clueless they were about EV’s in general. I would have thought one of them might have had some interest in learn more about the vehicles.

Oh well, at least it passed the board review.

Reactions: KennH and kayak1
LoL, it's a good thing I didn't know about the meeting until after it was done. I would've attended and probably said a few words about said transients, lol. The Starbucks will definitely have a greater impact on the lot then the chargers... and I do think they underestimate how busy that parking lot corner gets when Texas Roadhouse is busy in the evenings. Oh well... I do welcome a Starbucks in close proximity to my house though! I just hope these "transients" don't lower my property value, lol.

• Funny
Reactions: kayak1 and DMC5180