Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Danvers, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Concrete is all poured, no sign of additional cabinets or the charging posts on site yet....
dji_fly_20230127_145906_167_1674850595073_photo.jpg

Supercharger cabinet placement has begun. And the arctic weather and high winds that came through last night took their toll on the fencing and comfort castle. Hopefully it had just been emptied recently :oops: - a nice blue river appears to have originated from said establishment.:eek:. For the crew, thankfully other options exist onsite until that sh$t-show is taken care of.

IMG_9183.jpeg
IMG_9187.jpeg
IMG_9192.jpeg

Have no fear, the porta-potty was getting a good cleaning today when I swung by! 🤣
About half of the pedestals are installed and all the cabinets are installed now

Attachments

• 20230210_122018.jpg
    20230210_122018.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 72
  • 20230210_122442.jpg
    20230210_122442.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 20230210_122348.jpg
    20230210_122348.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 20230210_122509.jpg
    20230210_122509.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 20230210_122536.jpg
    20230210_122536.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Informative
Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
Fencing removed is a clear sign the contractor is done at the site (other than, perhaps, seal coating / striping). On to the next job! ;)

With Starbucks being built nearby, it's plausible that power for both will be done at the same time. This could lead to an extended delay before electrons will be flowing here, but we can try to stay positive it will be sooner.

Looks like all wiring to pedestals is complete and the fencing is removed. No transformer installed yet unfortunately, and no Magic Docks... I did however have the town electrical inspector at my house this week and he mentioned they had/have to upgrade the power going there but didn't provide any more details on timing, etc.
There are now reports of the Magic Docks being installed at a number of locations in NY and CA beyond the first site discovered a few days ago. While I do think they are still being deployed as part of a testing phase vs. wide roll-out, hopefully we'll soon see reports of them being enabled and we'll see some customer feedback on usability. I am personally very excited about Tesla adding the capability and believe Tesla will do so with existing site utilization and layout in mind. It is an initial deployment, and with everything Tesla does, they are studying how it goes, learning from it, and taking that knowledge to improve future deployments all the time.

There are now reports of the Magic Docks being installed at a number of locations in NY and CA beyond the first site discovered a few days ago. While I do think they are still being deployed as part of a testing phase vs. wide roll-out, hopefully we'll soon see reports of them being enabled and we'll see some customer feedback on usability. I am personally very excited about Tesla adding the capability and believe Tesla will do so with existing site utilization and layout in mind. It is an initial deployment, and with everything Tesla does, they are studying how it goes, learning from it, and taking that knowledge to improve future deployments all the time.

I bet you're not excited as I am. I have a Kona. :p

V4 with longer cables will solve the parking problem in any future expansion.

Reactions: Tdreamer
A few site photos from this evening. Still no transformer; all poles near the site are still barren; asphalt repair, seal coating, striping remain to-do; bollard covers needed and light poles present on the ground but not mounted. The contractor will need to return to complete some work but probably once the weather supports doing the asphalt work if I had to guess. But still, pretty close to done.
IMG_9370.jpeg
IMG_9374.jpeg
IMG_9375.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: dhkaufman
Transformer is in! Charging only signs are in and the bollards around the transformer have been painted/covered. There were two electric trucks on-site when I was there earlier today so more work is actively ongoing. I'll do another checkin tonight/tomorrow AM to see where they leave off today, but it looked like they might be there to work on the power poles that extend down towards the Starbucks that's going in. My hunch is that there'll be underground power coming up to the first light pole (see the metal conduit next to the first pole in previous pictures) and then continuing down to the Starbucks location. It's getting there!
20230307_120845.jpg

20230307_120756.jpg

20230307_120810.jpg

Still no meter. They're cutting the one tree down behind the cabinets today. They did asphalt repair last week and over the past week they've been running the new power lines on the poles that head down towards the Starbucks. Half the time the bucket trucks are taking over the charging spots.. The new light poles are not up yet next to the charging pedestals either so I'm not sure if that'll hold up activating this site or not.
dji_fly_20230324_084150_180_1679661712246_photo_markup.jpg

Great update - as always, thanks! A little hard to tell, but it looks like they still need to run the primaries up the pole to make the connection there. And, I assume the overhead lines are not live yet if they are still stringing cable to poles towards the new Starbucks (I could be wrong on that - they could light up the run to the supercharger pole, and then add the lines to Starbucks later.

The contractor will typically repave and/or sealcoat the supercharging spaces and then re-stripe - doesn't look like that has been done yet. Striping these will be slightly different than in the past presumably as these are V4-capable bases so will be closer to space-center than im the past (let the complaints begin! 😒).

Light posts not being up has not delayed site opening in the past at a few locations - I think that task is one of the few that is sub'd out if I'm not mistaken.