Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Darien CT Rest Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by Darien yesterday. I can confirm there are TWO different locations at the Darien North rest stop (not including any that there will be in the southbound). As you come into the rest stop, you can go straing along the building where the gas pumps are. There are two superchargers there (pictured in the OP). You can also turn right to park to enter the restaurants/stores or you can continue straight. Toward the back of that parking lot, there are two other superchargers. See attached pic (don't know why I only took a pic of one of them). There are a total of four bays at Darien North.

Thanks for letting us know! Interesting, and potentially confusing for Tesla owners. Especially with some in the back, it seems likely some folks will just wait in line at the first two and not realize there're more in back (wait in line...well, hopefully not, but worst case scenario).

All,

I haven't seen an update on this in a few days. Any chance that someone knows if they have power to them as of today? I'll be within 30 miles of there tonight/tomorrow and it would be great to know their status.

Thanks!

Peter

Both spots were ICE'd today so I was unable to test it.

bhuwan

There are 4 chargers at Darien! 2 by the gas pumps and another 2 in the main parking area (in back) as you enter the service area...

Was there bubble wrap still on the ends? Also as of a few days ago there weren't handles to hang the end of the cord on. I met an electrician there and he said he was doing the actual electrical hook-up but that Tesla also had to do something to make them active...

Aaron

bhuwan

There are 4 chargers at Darien! 2 by the gas pumps and another 2 in the main parking area (in back) as you enter the service area...

Was there bubble wrap still on the ends? Also as of a few days ago there weren't handles to hang the end of the cord on. I met an electrician there and he said he was doing the actual electrical hook-up but that Tesla also had to do something to make them active...

Aaron
Thanks wow that's awesome - 4 spots!
I supercharged this weekend (Milford) and it was such a great feeling

Unfortunately I was tired and both spots were ICE'd. - I did notice that the bubble wrap still there. At least one cable was hanging with zip ties

FWIW - I saw a Model S at the far superchargers (near the gas pumps) on Friday on a flatbed. Maybe ran out of juice? BUT, I have no idea if they just attempted to stop there or if they actually knew it was working or if it was a Tesla employee or or or.

In other words, I don't really know if they're working or not yet. Other than that, I have yet to see a Model S plugged in there. If I had an S, I'd go try myself...

Chicago showed up without a FW update.

I checked earlier today, too, and noticed new ones showing up. I'm guessing they either push silent updates to the list, or the car checks regularly. Probably the former--it's such a tiny amount of data that they could roll it out to everyone very quickly, unlike the (larger) software updates, which they stagger.

I got an email yesterday announcing the new Darien Supercharger. Did anybody charge there yet? Is it the new 120kwh or 90 supercharger?

I heard a rumor that it is a newer 120kw charger and that someone on the beta program was testing it with their Model S... If this is true, then eventually we should all be able to take advantage of it!

Aaron