Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dateland, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is in permitting stage to add superchargers in Dateland, AZ.

1737 S Avenue 64E
Dateland, AZ 85333

The “world-famous” date shakes will soon be an attraction for Tesla owners…..

That's a great location. Do you have a link to the permit documents or something solid that we can use to update supercharge.info?

• Helpful
Reactions: PLUS EV
Tweet from Marco with more details about this Supercharger V4 location:

Full Tweet text:
The world’s first known V4 Supercharger is coming soon to Yuma County, Arizona!! 40 stalls, plus two 4500 square foot solar arrays and a Megapack are planned on a new vacant lot by the Dateland Travel Center, right along Interstate 8 on the SD -> Tucson route.

I think this location should be added to the map on Supercharge.info, right?

Tesla applied last month. No approval at this point. Looks like V3 precast to me which are labeled as “Typ 8”. It says type 4 for the post at the accessible and trailer stalls, but the cabinet says type 1 which should be at least 2 or 3 if you are basing V4 on Typ 4. I think this might be grasping at straws to say V4. If you count Urban charge post as a type, the V3 could be considered type 4 since it is slightly different than the first V2 (different charge cable). V1 to V2 to V3 was change in charging architecture and speed, not just charge post design because V2 and V3 were largely the same. We will see as this moves along the process but if true, all Q1 2023 sites should be “V4”.

1663042292827.png

Cooincidemtslly, Rivian has applied at the same address which is also home to Electrify America based on Google street view. Rivian applied much earlier and still no approval.

1663042706427.png

Last edited:
Whaaaaaa a 40-stall in the middle of nowhere desert!? Try the date shakes though, they’re worth the stop ;). Doubly so if you can charge at the same time!

Mmm dates.

Dateland, AZ

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Dateland Travel Center
Along Primary Interstates: I-8
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-8

To: Gila Bend, AZ - 48.3 miles
Diversion: 0.2 miles
To: End (I-10 near Casa Grande, AZ) - 111.4 miles

To: Casa Grande, AZ (I-8, I-10) - 116.1 miles
To: Tucson - W River Rd (I-8, I-10) -162.4 miles

Mini-splitter on I-8 with 40 stalls. California is spreading east.

Can anyone access the county Accela site? I am looking for the page in the plans with all the structural detail. In the snippet from Marco, it shows Typ 4, Typ 8, etc and referencess S-501 which is the page in the plans with structural details. This should show V4 Supercharger Post if this site is in fact V4. Here is one from the upcoming Vacaville, CA site.

1663558010341.png

Can anyone access the county Accela site? I am looking for the page in the plans with all the structural detail. In the snippet from Marco, it shows Typ 4, Typ 8, etc and referencess S-501 which is the page in the plans with structural details. This should show V4 Supercharger Post if this site is in fact V4. Here is one from the upcoming Vacaville, CA site.

View attachment 854128
The best I could find came from this tweet which is for Danvers, MA:

1663624154275.png

The best I could find came from this tweet which is for Danvers, MA:

View attachment 854397
Thanks for posting that.

If you look at the Danvers, MA drawing where the overhead view of each post is detailed, we just need to compare the current post with the alternate to see if the same post is used throughout the entire site. The alternate post appears to be a little thicker (the conduit hole in the base doesn’t touch the edges of the post and there are “ears” where the cord wraps around since it is no longer internal).

1663679843973.png

1663679901132.png

It appears that they use the “alternate post” in the Dateland permit drawing but the S-501 page would definitely confirm that. We also need to see the supercharger cabinet drawings to see if they differ from V3. The overhead view on the two drawings is different, with the Danvers ones having a circle on top while the Dateland ones match those currently used elsewhere (third pic is Vacaville site currently under construction) so Dateland wouldn’t be the first with those cabinets. Or maybe they changed how they are depicted in the drawings. Who knows?

1663681072379.png

1663681133854.png

1663681627505.png

Yes, Dateland is a great hole in the wall. Juicing up your Tesla, while sipping date-shake in the middle of the desert is such a refreshing idea. This picture was taken 2 years ago on our way West along highway 8. Great location.

Attachments

• 2020_9_Dateland (1).JPG
    2020_9_Dateland (1).JPG
    771.7 KB · Views: 189
Reactions: IdaX
Lots of permit updates. Anyone been by recently to see if any dirt has been moved? With everything issued mid December, it seems like work would have started.

New permit applied for trenching.
1673588517497.png

Grading permit approved and issued.
1673588568020.png

Commercial application for solar canopy approved and issued.
1673588627514.png

Actual building permit for solar shade approved and issued.
1673588795393.png