Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Davenport, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new permit has been filed by Tesla to build a Supercharger in Davenport Florida.

On Polk County’s permit search database, I found a permit for the installation of 12 V3 Superchargers in the parking lot of the Wawa at 8103 Lake Wilson Rd. I don’t know if the location is much of a surprise since it’s quite close to Disney World, so may be in the works to lighten the load on the Celebration and Kissimmee Superchargers. The applicant, a project manager for Tesla, still has to list a contractor for the county to be able to issue the permit. Enjoy!!

Accela Citizen Access

DB3E5B2B-0224-4352-B919-D5B737908657.jpeg

CBB65B2F-B08B-4CEF-AF9C-D66975588F57.jpeg

I live about 10 minutes away from this Wawa. It's a little surprising they are putting one here as there are already 2 superchargers even closer to Disney than this location, and I feel the vast majority of the traffic this location sees are actually locals and not so many tourists. Then again a lot of apartments have sprung up, so maybe there's a need for those without the ability to charge at home. Either way it's great to see more options for those in Central Florida.

Reactions: PStewart
I was shocked to see this one pop up as well. We have a condo about 5 miles away. There are hundreds and probably thousands of short term rental units for WDW vacationers within 10 minutes of there, so maybe that was the reason. I’m elated as our condo will now have three difference Superchargers within a few minutes—we’re right in the middle of this one, Celebration, and Kissimmee. Before these were installed, I’d often have to drive to the one on the turnpike because it was getting difficult to get a level 2 charger at WDW with so many EVs now.

Any updates on this site?
Permit has not yet been issued. Current status is "Additional Information Needed" and the last upload of additional documents was on 2020-09-16. But it looks like the only outstanding stuff is administrative, instead of being revisions of the project plans to meet local codes. It's things like getting the general contractor authorized for something by filling out a set form and paying fees, etc. So, it could be issued shortly and work could start soon after. Or it might languish a few more months until they get around to dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's.

If you're interested in the progress of this site, you can track it yourself using the link to the permit application Marco provided in the opening post of this thread. It'll tell you when the permit is issued. At which point, it becomes worthwhile for people in the area to start keeping an eye out for signs of construction. Or, you can use the online record to look at the "inspections" page (found through the drop-down menu). When you see inspections start happening, you'll know that construction has begun without even needing to be there to see it.

• Helpful
Reactions: Larry Chanin
Permit has not yet been issued. Current status is "Additional Information Needed" and the last upload of additional documents was on 2020-09-16. But it looks like the only outstanding stuff is administrative, instead of being revisions of the project plans to meet local codes. It's things like getting the general contractor authorized for something by filling out a set form and paying fees, etc. So, it could be issued shortly and work could start soon after. Or it might languish a few more months until they get around to dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's.

If you're interested in the progress of this site, you can track it yourself using the link to the permit application Marco provided in the opening post of this thread. It'll tell you when the permit is issued. At which point, it becomes worthwhile for people in the area to start keeping an eye out for signs of construction. Or, you can use the online record to look at the "inspections" page (found through the drop-down menu). When you see inspections start happening, you'll know that construction has begun without even needing to be there to see it.

Thanks for the update. We have a condo in Windsor Hills but haven’t been down this year due to the virus. With the two other new nearby superchargers, this one is more of a luxury than a necessity, but anytime I can avoid 192, I do.

A “no” would also work :p
Except my whole point was to encourage people who are interested to check for themselves instead of outsourcing it to others. The link to do so has been posted twice in the thread, both on this same page--first in your opening post and again in my comment literally 2 posts before @BrownMS 's question. In fact, it would have taken Brown less time to learn the answer by clicking one of those provided links than it took to type out and post their question in the first place. If we factor in the delay of waiting for someone else to go find out and then respond with the status then it's significantly faster to just check for yourself. In this instance, ~5 seconds vs ~15 hours.

• Funny
Reactions: MarcoRP
Except my whole point was to encourage people who are interested to check for themselves instead of outsourcing it to others. The link to do so has been posted twice in the thread, both on this same page--first in your opening post and again in my comment literally 2 posts before @BrownMS 's question. In fact, it would have taken Brown less time to learn the answer by clicking one of those provided links than it took to type out and post their question in the first place. If we factor in the delay of waiting for someone else to go find out and then respond with the status then it's significantly faster to just check for yourself. In this instance, ~5 seconds vs ~15 hours.

how about today? any updates since you have everything handled

how about today?
It appears that the last activity regarding the need to complete the proper form for the general contractor information was posted about a month ago.

The permit application lists the following condition as not met.

Contractors Needed
All contractors will need to be listed before final fees can be invoiced and the permit issued. The contractor change form is available on the Accela Citizen Portal under Building forms. The form should be uploaded directly to the permit under attachments in order for your permit to be assessed for fees and issued at the end of processing. - The electrician provided has been listed, but the general contractor is not registered with contractor licensing. 9/16/20
Desiree Maurer | Condition Not Met | Notice | 07/25/2020

The Record Details list the Applicant (General Contractor) as Solargy, LLC, but the above comment suggests that the proper form was not submitted as of 9/16/20. At this point, a month later, it is not clear to me whether the permit approval is waiting on action from the General Contractor or the permitting authority.

Larry

Reactions: shonoff76