Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Davenport, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend of mine reported some fences have appeared and several work trucks, so I think the work as started.
Yes! A quick check of the online building permit record (see link in the thread's opening post) shows confirmation. The first construction inspection has been called for sign off of the rough underground electrical work. It was initially called for yesterday but was cancelled and rescheduled for today (2021-04-08). Thanks for sharing your friend's report.

I drove past earlier and snapped a couple of pics. It's very much under construction now. Stalls are located in back of the Wawa between it and Tire Kingdom. There's a Taco Bell immediately next door too.
w0.jpg

w1.jpg

They are reconstructing the Champions Gate (CR532) and I-4 interchange starting soon (supposed to be this spring but might be pushed back to summer). That should reduce the congestion getting off I-4 going towards Tampa and getting on I-4 going towards Disney. Plus, as an extension to the Poinciana Parkway, they are widening CR 532 between Lake Wilson and US 17/92 (again soon, but who knows).

Reactions: X Fan and shonoff76
Does anyone know if any expansion is planned for the 2 lane portion of Olde Lake Wilson Road toward US-192 by Reunion? Traffic through there can be brutal.
I know we are going to start relocating frontier communications telephone lines from Ronald Reagan pkwy to Osceola Polk Line rd. For the road widening. We don’t have any lines north of Osceola Polk line road since it’s a different phone provider. Project is going to start soon.

Reactions: Dublin 'Eer
Does anyone know if any expansion is planned for the 2 lane portion of Olde Lake Wilson Road toward US-192 by Reunion? Traffic through there can be brutal.
Yes there is. It may not happen for years, and there isn’t much information for it other than on this website

Things are coming along quite nicely. As strange as this location is, I find it even stranger that it's a 12-stall station. The pic below shows 6 of the stalls, with the other 6 being to the right. There's only a single pull-in stall which is shown in this pic.

View attachment 656426
With thousands of rental properties for WDW vacationers within a few miles and only a couple of level 2 chargers at each Disney park, I’ll bet this one will be busier than you think.

With thousands of rental properties for WDW vacationers within a few miles and only a couple of level 2 chargers at each Disney park, I’ll bet this one will be busier than you think.

Not only that, but a lot of newer locations seem to be for commuters rather than long distance travel, and with the housing boom in the area of the new high school on 547 (Google Maps); there will be a ton of people commuting through that intersection (north along Old Lake Wilson to 192, west along CR 532 to I-4, east to US 17/92).

Looks like Tesla has not scheduled appointments for the Building and Electrical final inspections. Polk County has been doing inspections the day after they are scheduled (at least for me, built a new house and installed solar this year); so it's definitely on Tesla.

Reactions: BrownMS