Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Davenport, IA (Quad Cities)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Davenport, IA

Interstates: I-74, I-80
US Numbered Highways (<= 5 miles): US-6, US-61, US-67.

I-74:
To: Normal, IL - 136 miles
Diversion: 2 miles

I-80:
To: Peru, IL - 84.9 miles

On I-80 will split a 144 mile gap (Coralville, IA to Peru, IL).
On I-80/I-74 will split a 194 mile gap (Coralville, IA to Normal, IL).

Transformer is installed but no meter yet.

Attachments

• IMG_20160913_165508.jpg
    IMG_20160913_165508.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_20160913_165511.jpg
    IMG_20160913_165511.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: jvonbokel
I am planning a trip late October in my Model X 90D from Texas, routing through Omaha, then Cedar Rapids for an overnight, then to Napierville. If the SC in Davenport is completed by then, my only struggle will be from Omaha to Cedar Rapids.

Any suggestions for charging on that segment?

Any suggestions for charging on that segment?

Purely from looking at a map, West Des Moines and Coralville (Iowa City) are also under construction.

West Des Moines - under construction for 59 days
Coralville - under construction for 66 days
Davenport - under construction for 20 days

Usual construction timeline is 4-6 weeks, and the first two are almost done going by the threads linked above, so the odds are in your favour that they will all be done before then, almost certainly 2 of 3.

Ahhh. I was interpreting the posted Construction day info on Supercharge.info backwards, thinking it was a countdown...(silly me knowing the moving target of completion).
So the only challenge will be from Coralville to Napierville (200 miles). Fortunately there are 2 destination Tesla Chargers in the Davenport area (per Plugshare), so that will provide some buffer.

Thanks for the infio and clarification

You forgot East Moline! Yep, there are officially 5 cities in the Quad Cities haha.
When I get my Tesla, this will be a good stop driving from Des Moines to Chicago, pretty much half way.

East Moline is the 4th city. Bettendorf is a mere newbie. They tried "Quint Cities" for a while. (I can still hear the 1970s Quint Cities jingle from radio station KSTT in my mind.) But everyone hated the sound of it. So they went back to Quad Cities.

Looking forward to driving my Model 3 to the QC someday.

Ahhh. I was interpreting the posted Construction day info on Supercharge.info backwards, thinking it was a countdown...(silly me knowing the moving target of completion).
So the only challenge will be from Coralville to Napierville (200 miles). Fortunately there are 2 destination Tesla Chargers in the Davenport area (per Plugshare), so that will provide some buffer.

I used the Destination Charger at Teriyaki Madness last weekend while visiting my daughter at Augustana. Charged at 25m/hr. I uploaded photos on ChargeHub app. The station was about 7min from my hotel by the airport. I am looking forward to the SC completion for the quad cities. It will allow me a direct drive to QC from Bloomington,IL and then charge up before I head back.

East Moline . . Quint Cities . . you guys just messin' with the Legend. And you're no East St Louis either! :p
--

Well as a Rock Island native, we were part of the original "Tri-Cities". Rock Island, Moline, and Davenport were all incorporated around the same decade or so. A dwindling number of older businesses and institutions still use "Tri-Cities" in their names. And parts of downtown Rock Island used to be a bit like East St Louis...

Reactions: wycolo
I used the Destination Charger at Teriyaki Madness last weekend while visiting my daughter at Augustana. Charged at 25m/hr. I uploaded photos on ChargeHub app. The station was about 7min from my hotel by the airport. I am looking forward to the SC completion for the quad cities. It will allow me a direct drive to QC from Bloomington,IL and then charge up before I head back.

Glad to see someone using it. I drive by there all the time and haven't seen a vehicle using them yet. At least they have decent food there and the river is within walking distance if you want to kill some time.

We do Cedar Rapids to Aurora all the time. No problem. If you have problems getting from Omaha to Chicago after October, you might want to visit a service center and have someone check out your car...