Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Davenport, IA (Quad Cities)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't show up in the car at all, which is the normal "it's active" indicator
It's there now! When you look closely at Silvwarrior's photo, you can see the number decals on the bases of the charging bollards. Those are applied by the techs who test and activate the site. The tech who activated the the site in our county said it can take as long as 12 hours for a newly activated site to show up on the navigation map.
On to Nebraska!

Brand new to the forums. This Hyvee grocery store is my usual stopping place for groceries and I've been so excited about this going up, though since I live here I likely won't even use it!

I just wanted to share some pics so I created an account to do so.

Future model 3 owner! :)
IMG_2984.JPG IMG_2985.JPG IMG_2986.JPG IMG_2987.JPG

Brand new to the forums. This Hyvee grocery store is my usual stopping place for groceries and I've been so excited about this going up, though since I live here I likely won't even use it!

I just wanted to share some pics so I created an account to do so.

Future model 3 owner! :)
Thanks for sharing. I am hoping to drop by there today or tomorrow to charge before heading hack to Michigan. So glad that Tesla has finally added this station.

I'd also like to point out to anyone traveling on West on I-80, if your GPS tells you to take Middle Road to get to this SC, there is road construction that has complicated the route, including potentially driving on a rock shoulder during work hours. I would advise you go to the next exit (I-74 East Bettendorf Davenport) and then take Exit 1, 53rd St Hamilton. Take a left on 53rd and go a few blocks and you will come to the Hyvee/SC location. I hope this finds some use, I sure would be irritated driving my Tesla on gravel/rocks, heck I'm irritated by it and I currently drive a paid off 2012 Kia Optima! Haha

• Informative
Reactions: Silvwarrior
Just as an FYI, Davenport is not showing the correct number of open stalls on Tesla navigation. I pulled up Wednesday evening and it said '3 of 8 available' before I connected but only 2 cars were plugged in. It stayed at 3 of 8 the entire time I was plugged in until a 4th car showed up. Once that person plugged in it went to '2 of 8 available' even though 4 stalls were open. Today it's showing 4 of 8 stalls in use with no one there.

I agree, I've seen quite a few more recently and I'm loving it! There were two Model X's charging yesterday when we went for groceries.

My wife and I just went up to Westmont and test drove a Model S, it was a really great experience. Can't even begin to explain how great the staff was. They mentioned they want to come down and have a bigger/expanded presence in the QC, but I guess there's some legislation with Iowa that limits them to "private showings" at this time.

They also mentioned they're going to expand the Hyvee SC to double the stalls it currently has!

Edit: accidentally typed Model 3, meant to say Model S...fixed. Wouldn't that be something tho? :)

I agree, I've seen quite a few more recently and I'm loving it! There were two Model X's charging yesterday when we went for groceries.

My wife and I just went up to Westmont and test drove a Model S, it was a really great experience. Can't even begin to explain how great the staff was. They mentioned they want to come down and have a bigger/expanded presence in the QC, but I guess there's some legislation with Iowa that limits them to "private showings" at this time.

They also mentioned they're going to expand the Hyvee SC to double the stalls it currently has!

Edit: accidentally typed Model 3, meant to say Model S...fixed. Wouldn't that be something tho? :)
That's good info. There's plenty more room along that side too where the chargers are now. And it's far enough out from Hy-Vee and the strip mall that ICEing shouldn't be an issue. I might be checking out the Westmont store when it comes closer to time for my M3 order just to compare it with a used S in the same price range.

We are taking my parents S down to Arizona next month from the QC; looking forward to the trip down.

I forgot to add this info for anyone needing to use this charger coming westbound I-80. The westbound I-80 to I-74 ramp is closed for replacement. You will have to take the Middle Road exit before there and take the detour thru Bettendorf to reach the Hy-Vee w/superchargers. Eastbound exit from I-80 to I-74 is still open.

They've got this area all messed up. Forest Grove is still closed, (I don't know when that's due to reopen) and Middle Road closes at Hopewell for all southbound traffic (1 lane open for northbound, though the other day this meant driving on the gravel shoulder). Definitely follow the advice above taking the Middle Road exit, follow the detour sign on to Hopewell, take a left on Devils Glen, then a right on 53rd. The super charger is in the Hyvee parking lot at the 53rd/Utica intersection. To return to the I-80, head west on 53rd and utilize the I-74 to avoid all this headache (and potential gravel shoulders!)

Middle Road was open to traffic both ways with freshly paved blacktop when I came home from work today. Still had traffic cones down the center but I assume they left those because they haven't painted yet (not sure).

Great info by jgillispie earlier, just wanted to add to it.
Happy Tesla Model 3 "birthday" all!!!