Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Davenport, IA (Quad Cities)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course, I don't know much of anything about this, but wanting to travel in the area, I would guess Davenport is not a "very necessary" place for a SC. One can get from IA City to Madison, Rockford, Peru SCs pretty easily, but I certainly understand your wanting one in the Quad Cities.

Last edited:
Of course, I don't know much of anything about this, but wanting to travel in the area, I would guess Davenport is not a "very necessary" place for a SC. One can get from IA City to Madison, Rockford, Peru SCs pretty easily, but I certainly understand your wanting one in the Quad Cities.
Not a necessity if you live in th QCs, but living in Cedar Rapids and in winter it absolutely is if you are headed to Chicago and have a 60 or 70. With an 85 you have to drive cross country up to Rockford, refill, and then down to Chicago - no 380/80/88 route. Adding Iowa city won't help - too close to CR. Although coming home it will give you a little extra comfort in an 85 if you try to do 88/80/380 home...

In response to an inquiry I made last week - QCs are in the work, the question is simply when...

"Thank you for your email. We are actively working to bring Superchargers to the Davenport area. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site, so we cannot make guarantees about opening dates, but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers and we are excited to announce new sites on our website.

We appreciate your patience, enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thank you,
The Tesla Supercharger Team"

Having grown up in the QC, I am also quite interested in where Tesla will put the eventual supercharger site. Pros and cons of either side of the river. I would think Northpark, Southpark, or Duck Creek would be good spots. IMO Southpark is probably the best location wise (access to I80, 74, and 88), but the Iowa malls are a little nicer amenity wise.

Looking forward to driving my Model 3 there in a couple of years.

Not sure if this has already been shared, but some friends came across this supercharger being built at a Hy-Vee location in Davenport, IA.

Attachments

• 20160830_174244.jpeg
    20160830_174244.jpeg
    410.2 KB · Views: 227
  • 20160830_174306.jpeg
    20160830_174306.jpeg
    452.9 KB · Views: 197
Just got the location as:

Hy-Vee
North Ridge Shopping Center
4064 E 53rd St

I happened to pull up to the Coralville SC today as the electrician was working there. Received a wealth of knowledge from him (their company is deploying the Quad Cities, Coralville and DSM SCs).

Coralville -the charger is ready to go. As he said "all I'd have to do is flip a couple of switches and you could start charging". But the Tesla rep needs to come and do their testing. He wasn't sure when that would be, but he thought it would be very quick, potentially still this week. If you're driving through this week though, I'd plan alternate charging locations just in case

Davenport - I hadn't heard of it either - how the heck did this go undetected for so long?! He said it is about a week behind Coralville, So maybe within two weeks it will be ready.

Des Moines - Here's the bummer - The transformer has NOT been placed yet he said. It is due to be placed on the 12th of September. Based on the other work to be done, he didn't think it would be ready until at least October.

@Fudge,
You are correct, that 4064 E 53rd St Hy-Vee/ address location where the new Supercharger is located is in Davenport... near Bettendorf city limits, but still in Davenport. You can confirm by locating maps of Bettendorf city limits.

Huh. Since most of I-74 on that side of the river is in Bettendorf, I hadn't realized that a piece of it was in Davenport. Been a long time since I lived there...

Hey everyone, I'll keep us updated on the build out here in Davenport. These pictures are from 9/2 at 12:30. I can't wait for this to be finished, unfortunately I don't own a Tesla yet but I will be happy to see the ones that will be using this supercharger.

Attachments

• IMG_20160902_122308.jpg
    IMG_20160902_122308.jpg
    677.5 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20160902_122346.jpg
    IMG_20160902_122346.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20160902_122407.jpg
    IMG_20160902_122407.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20160902_122511.jpg
    IMG_20160902_122511.jpg