Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Davidson, SK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True. By the time they figure out twinning would be nice, I predict trains will actually be organized enough to replace trucking and there won't be the commercial traffic to justify it. I did notice the last time I traveled that a lot of it was passing lanes -certainly a marked improvement over my first trip in 1977. (Plus the terrain makes it a massive challenge to twin)

Reactions: SammichLover
Yeah. Manitoba and Sask have been competing on Twining more of their major highways for a while.. its bragging rights. But I haven't driven west in a while I keep flying to avoid Saskatchewan(even tho our family cottage is in Moosejaw) ...
[Off topic]
This would also be a good opportunity for Manitoba to put in some real paved shoulders on their part of the TCH. Hwy 1 across Manitoba is almost exclusively paved (concrete or asphalt) main lanes and gravel shoulders. There a significant number of cyclists riding coast to coast every year that die in Manitoba because they have to ride on the main traffic lanes. There are some places where a parallel side road can be taken for a while. Prawda is one of those branch locations.

The latest from Davidson. Originally posted by Sasha Kisin on fb. This nonstop rain will delay construction work I Swift current and possibly maple creek!
FB_IMG_1568305668332.jpg

Well, it will be the same in Regina, I talked to one of the electricians and he told be they have already pulled cables through them, they didn't want water to go through them, so to accommodate the long cables they put a longer conduit and capped it. This is better than what they've done in northern Ontario sites, where they just put a plastic bag over it.

• Informative
Reactions: XHabjab and mociaf9
Well, it will be the same in Regina, I talked to one of the electricians and he told be they have already pulled cables through them, they didn't want water to go through them, so to accommodate the long cables they put a longer conduit and capped it. This is better than what they've done in northern Ontario sites, where they just put a plastic bag over it.
And there's now photographic confirmation of this approach in the latest pictures from Regina: Supercharger - Regina, SK
Based on the third picture in that post, it looks like they are putting an extra length of conduit on top of the existing one which has the wires run to create these mini-flagpoles :)

Reactions: MarcoRP