Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dayton, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So will Tesla inform local area owners of any Grand Opening festivities? I'd be happy to have my first SC experience be at such an event. I'm willing to bet that the local news stations would be on hand, especially when all those bays are full of sleek MS's!!

I am planning to stop by after work today to check on the progress. I contacted Tesla in Columbus about ribbon cutting and press coverage. They are not planning anything, but suggested there might be a celebration once the I-70 corridor is complete. I suspect the installation team will move to Columbus next. Kudo's to Meijer for their outstanding support.

DP & L is on site today dropping the lines from the road to the new transformer. I suspect it will be operational very soon.

Supercharger9.jpg

Supercharger-10.jpg

Transformer has not been placed and I do not see it on site. The run from the road to the transformer area has been completed. I will be out of town on Monday, but I will stop either Monday night or check Tuesday to update you on the progress. My goal is to be the first one to charge at this location.

Good to hear it's almost done. I plan to take my 4th trip from Atlanta to Detroit, since I got my MS last year, in the next few weeks. This Supercharger along with the Chattanooga Supercharger will take a total of 6 hours off of the time it takes to make the trip; and that's after I used Plugshare HPWC in Dayton and Chattanooga.

Hi, Doug,
I will head out there at lunch today and post an update.

Thanks. I look forward to see your update. You might have heard that we got a surprise with a Supercharger being installed in the new Service Center that opens tomorrow. I stopped by today. The GC says that the Supercharger is ready to be turned on. That service center is only 8 miles from my home. We are so excited here!

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender(1).jpg

Good news! I was the first one to plug in!!! Bad news.... the power wasn't on. I pulled up, and the crew had taken down most of the safety netting and was blowing away the construction dirt. I asked if it was ready, and they told me I could plug into #1. I did, but there was no power. The construction crew will be completely done by next Tuesday. They said all they have remaining is the paint the parking lines. As I left, I noticed the plate on the wooden transformer housing where the electric meter will go. The meter is not there. If they hook the meter up tomorrow, it will be live! I suspect it will be fully operational by next Tuesday at the latest.

Good news! I was the first one to plug in!!! Bad news.... the power wasn't on. I pulled up, and the crew had taken down most of the safety netting and was blowing away the construction dirt. I asked if it was ready, and they told me I could plug into #1. I did, but there was no power. The construction crew will be completely done by next Tuesday. They said all they have remaining is the paint the parking lines. As I left, I noticed the plate on the wooden transformer housing where the electric meter will go. The meter is not there. If they hook the meter up tomorrow, it will be live! I suspect it will be fully operational by next Tuesday at the latest.

Thanks for the update. That's exciting (even though you weren't able to charge today.) We will be passing through sometime this month on our way to Detroit.